My Xeon 1230 v3 is suddenly not pushing my R9 270 to 99% usage

Pogbaku69

I replaced my i3 4170 with a Xeon 1230 v3 (Haswell) 5 months ago and things were great,now last night when I installed Far Cry 5 to try again I noticed that my GPU usage would drop down from 99% when in the middle of nowhere to about 75-82% when in populated areas such as towns or when encountering a lot of enemies. For reference,looking up at the sky or the ground in those situations maxes out the GPU.In PUBG I have my FPS uncapped and its usually between 80-105 but in certain areas such as indoors or heavy gunfights I can see the GPU usage dropping from 99% to 80-82%. My total CPU usage never exceeds 70 or 80% in those situations,per core is usually around those numbers too,none of the cores are being maxed out. And thats the weird thing, on the other hand in Rainbow Six Siege multiplayer my GPU is pinned to 99% constantly and CPU hovers around 60%. It doesnt make any sense, the CPU wasnt acting like that until recently and I know for a fact that a Xeon 1230 v3 (basically an i7 4770) doesnt come close to bottlenecking a card like R9 270.Whenever the GPU usage starts dropping my framerate takes a hit too 

Here is some info about my PC:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3 1230 V3 Haswell

MBO: MSI H81M-P33 

RAM: 2X4GB DDR3 1600 MHz GEIL Dragon

PSU: CoolerMaster B500v2 

HDD:320 GB WD Blue (Yeah I know I should get an SSD and expand HDD)

GPU: PowerColor Radeon R9 270 Overclocked to 1090 core 1440 memory,+20% power , last stable AMD drivers

Resolution: Crappy old monitor that runs 1280x1024 (thats why Im getting such high fps in those games)

Additional info:

CPU Temperature never exceeds 65C while gaming, CPU is never maxed out,Cores are never maxed out,cores are not parked,CPU frequency never dips below 3.3 GHz( I have it set in the power options to max performance and minimum CPU state 95%), in games the frequency is usually 3.5-3.6 GHz (Turbo)

GPU Temperature fluctuates between 72-77C , memory stays at the desired OC frequency (1440) and Core at 1090, no dips in core and memory clocks(I've been using those overclock settings for the last 2 Years across 3 different CPU/MBO combos so I know that they are stable). 

RAM is in Dual Channel mode, I've confirmed that it is running at correct speed

All cables are connected properly and fully in,I am not experiencing any blue screens,random freezes or stuff like that

BENCHMARKS:

My benchmark scores in synthetic benchmarks like Cinebench and CPU-Z built in benchmarks are great,CPU score in Cinebench (3 runs) was 721,719,719 , in CPU-Z Multi thread is 1920 and Single thread 403. 

In game benchmarks return great numbers too,in R6 the GPU stays pinned to 99% like in normal gameplay but in FC5 benchmark the GPU usage fluctuates between 72-99%. 

In short, all of the synthetic benchmarks are returning great results but in all but one game my GPU usage is not being pinned to 99% while my CPU isnt going over 75-80% usage(cores not being maxed either) 

I have checked for background processes running as well,nothing. CPU at 0-3% usage when idling 

22 minutes ago, Pogbaku69 said:

My total CPU usage never exceeds 70 or 80%

Well are you looking at individual core usage or full CPU usage? It's trying to compute positional statistical data of your enemies, which of course would make it work harder.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well are you looking at individual core usage or full CPU usage? It's trying to compute positional statistical data of your enemies, which of course would make it work harder.

Both full CPU usage and per core usage,neither gets maxed out or over 90%