How to improve android phone web browser performance?

Ashleyyyy

I've got an lg g3, and the web browsing on it, even the mobile versions of stuff like this forum is very slow.

Everything else is fine, i'm nit a heavy user. I basically only use it for music and messaging. But the slow browser is really annoying when i want to quickly look something up.

Is there any way i can improve performance?

She/Her

Either try using Google Chrome mobile browser or if that don't cut it for you there are plenty of ad block browsers that offer better performance simply because they don't let ads to load. But keep in mind that it's Snapdragon 801 is showing it's years so don't expect blazing fast load times.

- Download a different Browser. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, whatever there is available.

- Try factory-Resetting your phone, maybe it helps.

- Buy a smartphone with more performance.

Try Armorfly. It may be not much faster, but at least when you press back button, you'll be back to previous page without reloading, which can speed up browsing. And it has built-in nice download manager.

1 hour ago, voiha said:

Either try using Google Chrome mobile browser or if that don't cut it for you there are plenty of ad block browsers that offer better performance simply because they don't let ads to load. But keep in mind that it's Snapdragon 801 is showing it's years so don't expect blazing fast load times.

i'm gonna try that. i'm already using chrome. 

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

- Download a different Browser. Chrome, Opera, Firefox, whatever there is available.

- Try factory-Resetting your phone, maybe it helps.

- Buy a smartphone with more performance.

- i'm gonna try that

- it's been factory resetted about a week ago

- i'd rather not, i can live with it. 

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

Web browsing can get quite ram intensive even on mobile. Try a browser that advertises performance or one that simplifies web elements for lower footprint.

Also try clearing background apps or clearing device cache/dalvik. The G3 is a very dated phone with not a lot of ram.

it's got 2gb. that should be enough right?

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

it's got 2gb. that should be enough right?

Unfortunately with years passing by everything hogs more and more resources. 2GB was mid range in 2015, now it's late 2018 almost 2019, and that's the low end.
But of course it's enough for browsing, just don't keep too much tabs opened !

3 minutes ago, voiha said:

Unfortunately with years passing by everything hogs more and more resources. 2GB was mid range in 2015, now it's late 2018 almost 2019, and that's the low end.
But of course it's enough for browsing, just don't keep too much tabs opened !

i only had 1 open. 

i did have spotify and stuff running in the background, but it wasn't playing music or anything. and Android stops apps to clear ram anyway right?

She/Her

2 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

I'd say only if there's nothing else running in the background. Try going into Settings > Privacy > Clear browsing data, and clean up everything. Accumulated junk could make the browser slow.

i'll try clearing all the running crap next time i use the browser then. 

She/Her

5 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

i only had 1 open. 

i did have spotify and stuff running in the background, but it wasn't playing music or anything. and Android stops apps to clear ram anyway right?

Yeah indeed, hmm strange, may sound stupid but, when was the last time you restarted the phone ?

Just now, voiha said:

Yeah indeed, hmm strange, may sound stupid but, when was the last time you restarted the phone ?

a few days ago... 

and like yeah it's kinda slow outside of web browsing too, but that's to be expected from an almost 5 year old phone. but it takes up to 10 seconds to load the mobile version of the forum, and opening up the sidebar to look at notifications takes another 2-3 seconds. it's really annoying. 

She/Her

2 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

a few days ago... 

and like yeah it's kinda slow outside of web browsing too, but that's to be expected from an almost 5 year old phone. but it takes up to 10 seconds to load the mobile version of the forum, and opening up the sidebar to look at notifications takes another 2-3 seconds. it's really annoying. 

I confirm that's strange, with Google chrome on my phone it takes 2-3 sec to load the whole website(mobile) and instantly opens the notification bar.

Just now, voiha said:

I confirm that's strange, with Google chrome on my phone it takes 2-3 sec to load the whole website(mobile) and instantly opens the notification bar.

what phone do you have then? 

by the way i do have antivirus installed on the phone, so it's not malware or something slowing it down. 

She/Her

8 minutes ago, firelighter487 said:

what phone do you have then? 

by the way i do have antivirus installed on the phone, so it's not malware or something slowing it down. 

There is no such thing as a good antivirus for the phone, you have security patches from the OEM/google and common sense while browsing. 
I am with Nokia 7 plus (I don't have Facebook, only messenger app installed) Facebook app do slowdown the phone too, antivirus or any other "cleaner" do slowdown the device, there is no real benefit from them.