I have 2500$ budget. Need help for a new build.

BigPapi
On 10/20/2018 at 10:06 AM, brob said:

A Pentium is also good value, doesn't make it the right choice and getting an i7 instead is not necessarily a waste of money.

@brobHave you been reading all of the posts???? Are you even paying attention???? Did I suggest a Pentium????

I never said getting an i7 is a waste of money. I'm saying that getting a 2080ti like he mentioned is. There is a diminishing return after you get to a certain class of performance. After a certain point, the more money you spend doesn't get you as far in terms of performance.

OP was given a suggestion for 1966.69 USD build that had a 9th gen i7 and a 2080 but OP said:

On 10/19/2018 at 12:56 PM, BigPapi said:

Hi thanks! But this is still $540 cheaper than my budget. I want to spend all of it on this build.

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about...

Not to mention that OP is using this computer for,

On 10/19/2018 at 6:38 AM, BigPapi said:

gaming mainly

Which doesn't need a 2500 USD build to do well!!!

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

40 minutes ago, MandoPanda said:

@brobHave you been reading all of the posts???? Are you even paying attention???? Did I suggest a Pentium????

I never said getting an i7 is a waste of money. I'm saying that getting a 2080ti like he mentioned is. There is a diminishing return after you get to a certain class of performance. After a certain point, the more money you spend doesn't get you as far in terms of performance.

OP was given a suggestion for 1966.69 USD build that had a 9th gen i7 and a 2080 but OP said:

This is the kind of thing I'm talking about...

Not to mention that OP is using this computer for,

Which doesn't need a 2500 USD build to do well!!!

I take it the sarcasm did not come through. ?

Perhaps you would be satisfied with a RTX 2080 today and tomorrow. Obviously the OP would not. There is no doubt that a RTX 2080 Ti is going to have a longer useful life. You may feel that is a waste of money, the OP apparently wants the best performance the budget can achieve.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

12 minutes ago, brob said:

I take it the sarcasm did not come through. 

Sorry, you didn't use /s 

The performance gap between the 2080 and the 2080ti doesn't seem like its worth the additional 400 dollars. Plus, you can always sell and upgrade when the cards come down in price... 

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018