Computer is hanging on the Asrock splash screen

zephyrus34

Hi all,

I recently built a new computer with the following components:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/89XRHh

but for some reason it hangs at the ASROCK splash screen whenever I do a fresh boot and no inputs would work even though the peripherals are lit up (also no beeps from the mobo speakers). If I hit the reset button from the case, the computer will boot fine but now i have one wallpaper for two monitors (both of them display fine but I cant set wallpaper to each individual monitor) and if I replug one of the display inputs, then it will have two different wallpapers.

If I switched off the PSU and switch it back on then power the system, it works fine. It boots up from nvme and the wallpaper situation is also fixed.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, zephyrus34 said:

Reseat your RAM, may have to try it in difference slots or do it a few times.

Coulda got an 8 core CPU instead of all those fans though man...

You could also try updating your BIOS to the latest one, just check the motherboard's website

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Haha, yes I know but i wanted to make my system RGB heavy. I have updated my bios to the latest one and it is still having the same issue.

I will give the RAM reseating a shot. Currently i have them in A1 and B1.... After looking at the manual, i am wrong... It's been a while since i last built my PC. It used to be dim 1 and 3 and i kinda assumed it's the same.

Hopefully this fixes it.

Will update you later.

EDIT: Reseating the RAM to the correct dim slots didnt work. Thanks though

UPDATE: I went back to microcenter and exchange every part except for the GPU (which I swapped with my old GPU) and the problem still persists. 

I am currently out of ideas. I guess I have to press an extra button in addition to the power button...

If anyone have any more ideas, please let me know.

Thanks.

I have an older ASRock board and it doesn't come with a motherboard speaker installed. That was in the box and I had to install it myself. I would double check that just in case. I would remove everything that isn't necessary and just boot using CPU, RAM, (and GPU since your CPU doesn't have integrated graphics). Does it get into the BIOS/UEFI successfully? If so, then slowly add parts such as HDD, SSD, GPU, etc and try a boot after each one. This could help narrow down a troublesome part or where some tuning in the BIOS/UEFI is required. Also, that's a beefy Graphics card. If possible, use a less power hungry GPU while doing these tests. Also, 550 watts seems too low for this system, especially with the 1080 hybrid, and the AIO for the CPU and all of the RGB fans and RGB ram. I would try upgrading to a 700+ watt PSU and see if that helps. (Most stores will let you return the PSU within a certain time period so if it doesn't help then just return it). 

Good luck.

CompTIA A+ Certified

"We are all cups, quietly and constantly being filled. The trick is knowing how to tip yourself and let the good things pour out." - Ray Bradbury