Tegra K1

AlwaysFSX
Go to solution Solved by PillowSmoke,

192 CUDA cores in this thing... Nvidia is insane for making that as a cpu for mobile devices, thoughts?

During the Nvidia live press conference on Twitch for CES announced that instead of launch the Tegra 5 they're instead launching the Tegra K1, a 192 CUDA core processor for mobile applications with more processing power than anything that has been released before under the idea that a Tegra chip can process everything that a normal mobile cpu can a lot faster.

Update: Draws 5 Watts of power

Maybe putting some context behind this will help,instead of trying to beat everyone that will try and post it first. You're lucky I know what you're talking about.

my thought is simple HOLY SHIT HOW THE FUCK THEY DO THAT

Hope I could help!

Specs: CPU: AMD FX-8320 @4.0ghz GPU: ASUS DCUII GTX 770 PSU: EVGA Supernova 750g CASE: Fractal Define R4 RAM: 8 Gigabytes ADATA 1333 Mhz MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3

NO RAG!!!

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

Maybe putting some context behind this will help,instead of trying to beat everyone that will try and post it first. You're lucky I know what you're talking about.

I'm listing things about it at the moment

that ira demo on the tegra k1 is insane!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I can't wait for technology in 5 years if this is what we can do now...

Super chip my behind it's a mobile APU with 8% the GPU performance of a 780.

It's also 8% they size of a 780.....

It's also 8% they size of a 780.....

No it isn't, actually it's about 19% the size.

You cant compare a phone chip to a 780 or a 460 or any other desktop gpu. And this one us way better thsn anything else so...

No, it's definitely a lot less than that... a 780 PCB is much larger than that chip.

gtfo with all that lens flare

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

You cant compare a phone chip to a 780 or a 460 or any other desktop gpu. And this one us way better thsn anything else so...

They're marketing a mobile processor as a "super chip" that's just bullshit.

I bet the battery drain on that will be mental unless nvidia has something up their sleeves.

and i jizzed in my pants...

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

gtfo with all that lens flare

But lens flare to a degree is amazing :o

DAT WOOD

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I bet the battery drain on that will be mental unless nvidia has something up their sleeves.

5 watts? O.o

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

A lot of hype with this '192' GPU core thing... If I were a phone or tablet maker, I am still not convinced. I still doubt Nvidia can convince them (mainly Samsung, Sony, HTC, Motorola, LG, Nokia) to use the K1 in their next device. I don't think Nvidia can break into the mobile industry as the go-to-company for mobile GPUs. If Qualcomm does NOT improve on their own Adreno GPU (highly unlikely; we'll be seeing why at their Press conference), then this may be a good substitute.

Keep in mind people, we as consumers cannot control what GPU phone and tablet makers use. Phone makers want to use the best (and most compatible with CPU), of course, but also according to their budget for that device. So if price on the contract for a Nvidia GPU is higher than a Qualcomm, you know very well what GPU they will use.

Edit:

It's using a gpu as a cpu and gpu for mobile processing and it's the fastest one yet.

Ah, my bad, that would explain why some Tegra apps don't work for non-Tegra devices. I still stand by my assumption that phone and tablet makers are not convinced to use Nvidia products on their devices. This was blatantly shown when Google decided to use Qualcomm for the Nexus 7 (2013).

factor in the cooling that a 780 needs, and its about 1% the size of a 780. It also consumes 1/50 of the power of a 780

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place