Should I buy a GTX 1080 Ti?

Shiniontv

Hello everyone

I have the chance to buy a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G for about $480. Should I do it? I need to know if it is compatible with my current specs, because UserBenchmark says it is, but I am not sure.

These are my current specs in the linked image.

Should I buy the 1080 Ti? I have the money for it, but I am not sure whether or not I should.

I am going to buy a Ryzen 7 2700X and Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming with 16 (2x8) GB 3000Mhz RAM, but I might get some for christmas.

The card is sold from a private seller, and if it is a scam, I can fortunately get my money back.

My worries are not at the (soon to be) new CPU, Mobo and RAM at the moment, so can anyone let me know if the card is compatible with my current specs, and if I should buy it for that fraction of the normal price?

Thanks in advance,

Shinion

Screenshot_65.png

Sure, get it it's, that's an awesome price. 

Your i7 will heavily Bottleneck it though and you should replace it ASAP. 

Oh yeah ans wtf resolution is that? 1080ti is kinda overkill for not even standard 1080p resolution. Get at least 1440p display if you can. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Just now, Shiniontv said:

Hello everyone

I have the chance to buy a Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G for about $480. Should I do it? I need to know if it is compatible with my current specs, because UserBenchmark says it is, but I am not sure.

These are my current specs in the linked image.

Should I buy the 1080 Ti? I have the money for it, but I am not sure whether or not I should.

I am going to buy a Ryzen 7 2700X and Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming with 16 (2x8) GB 3000Mhz RAM, but I might get some for christmas.

The card is sold from a private seller, and if it is a scam, I can fortunately get my money back.

My worries are not at the (soon to be) new CPU, Mobo and RAM at the moment, so can anyone let me know if the card is compatible with my current specs, and if I should buy it for that fraction of the normal price?

Thanks in advance,

Shinion

Screenshot_65.png

if you want THE BEST ( aside from paying your first born and your balls ) then the 1080ti is it, i just got a 1080 and even this card is too much GPU for me techincally speaking as i dont even fully utilize it in most of my games, but thats usually because i want competitive settings anyways  

yes get the 1080ti but also upgrade the system as like the other comments said your first gen i7 will hold it back heavily 

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

Sure, get it it's, that's an awesome price. 

Your i7 will heavily Bottleneck it though and you should replace it ASAP. 

Oh yeah ans wtf resolution is that? 1080ti is kinda overkill for not even standard 1080p resolution. Get at least 1440p display if you can. 

It is just stretched as I wrote this while playing Fortnite.

24 minutes ago, Shiniontv said:

It is just stretched as I wrote this while playing Fortnite.

like @FloRolf said, I'd only get it if you're planning on gaming above 1080p. If you're going to get a 2700x for xmas, that'll be a sweet setup