Win 10 Reformat OEM key same hardware

MajorFoley

So just a quick question, gonna reinstall on the exact same hardware, was using it for AV removal but now that I'm done with it i want a fresh install.

If i reinstall, can i just put in the same key and it should work fine or will it automatically detect after installation? I plan on wiping and removing all partitions in the install.

Don't put in the key, it's not needed. Just select your edition and let it do its thing. Windows 10 activates automatically.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Don't put in the key, it's not needed. Just select your edition and let it do its thing. Windows 10 activates automatically.

Right Thanks

1 hour ago, MajorFoley said:

Right Thanks

In the setup you'll have the option "I don't have one" as a blue link, when it will ask for the key.  Windows will still activate fine once you are online, and by the time you check for Windows Updates. Key is stored on Microsoft servers. if it is a custom built system or old system with a BIOS. Key is stored in the UEFI chip if it is a modern pre-built system. Windows will take care of everything.

On 10/17/2018 at 10:02 PM, GoodBytes said:

In the setup you'll have the option "I don't have one" as a blue link, when it will ask for the key.  Windows will still activate fine once you are online, and by the time you check for Windows Updates. Key is stored on Microsoft servers. if it is a custom built system or old system with a BIOS. Key is stored in the UEFI chip if it is a modern pre-built system. Windows will take care of everything.

Yup did exactly that. Thanks guys