How to make windows use one corner of the screen?

notifications

Long story short, I moved to India last week and lost the stand screws to my Asus 144 hz monitor, so I put it up a couple of books temporarily, and to my bad luck the monitor fell on my keyboard and one of the keys cracked the display up. So I am wondering if I could only use the good portion of the screen, I really cant buy a new one as it costs 25,000 rupees (350 USD) here. I will put an mspaint drawing to illustrate my situation. So Can I use Nvidea control panel, windows display settings or some third party app to achieve this?

screen.png

Interesting idea.  Can't say I've ever seen it suggested before but in theory it should be possible.  You'd have to just pick a lower resolution in Windows, and then use the monitor's on-screen controls to shift the output from the default (probably stretched to fill or centred) over to the good area.

-moved to displays-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

ive never heard of something like this but that doesnt mean it cant exist, still F for respects 

You should be able to scale the output in the Nvidia/AMD control panel thingy. Then with some monitors you can align your screen through the osd. It's a long shot but who knows.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

If you are willing to run Linux, there are probably some settings in Xorg's configuration file that can set the screen output geometry to whatever you want.

49 minutes ago, notifications said:

Long story short, I moved to India last week and lost the stand screws to my Asus 144 hz monitor, so I put it up a couple of books temporarily, and to my bad luck the monitor fell on my keyboard and one of the keys cracked the display up. So I am wondering if I could only use the good portion of the screen, I really cant buy a new one as it costs 25,000 rupees (350 USD) here. I will put an mspaint drawing to illustrate my situation. So Can I use Nvidea control panel, windows display settings or some third party app to achieve this?

You can try AquaSnap, that's what I'm using to split my widescreen up.

Main PC CPU: 7700K, MOBO: Asus Strix, GPU: Aorus Extreme 3080, PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750, RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB Storage: 970 Evo 1tb

Lounge PC CPU: 4790K MOBO: Asus Hero VII GPU: EVGA 3060 Ti PSU: Corsair RM650 RAM: Kingston HyperX 16gb Storage: 970 Evo 1TB

you could use DesktopCoral it allows you to "reserve" a portion of your screen so that when you full screen something, it will be limited to the unreserved space.

while it looks like a paid program, it can be used for free for unlimited time, there is just a popup when you start your computer that you can click on to remove. i've been using it for a couple of months now

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒