What is your favorite case <$150.

Am I the only one here who doesn't like simplstic cases? Zalman z11.

Am I the only one here who doesn't like simplstic cases? Zalman z11.

Ahem...We've been talking about the NZXT Phantom...

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

First page was all R4.... so I'm not the only one but my kind is rare.

Corsair 350D & 750D

Build log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/47209-my-350d/#entry625528

Intel i7-4770k I Corsair H100i I  Asus Z87 Gryphon Geforce GTX 780 I Corsair 16GB Vengeance memory I x2 120GB Samsung 840 in RAID 0 & 2TB Seagate Corsair 350D Silverstone 750w 80+ Gold I

Silverstone Tek PP07 Cable Sleeving I Asus Xonar STX 

I dont like stuff like that anyway. The Zalman one is okay but the Phantom looks so..... plastic. I just cant bring myself to like it.

$50 dollar range is the bitfenix survivor.  Although it is only on sale for this every once and a while.  It has nearly an inch of cable management room, and a removable hard drive cage (one of them that is)

$100 dollar range Corsair 350D  Even though I don't have one, It is one sleek case.

$150 dollar range NZXT Phantom  It has nice options (fan hub) and I like the different look of it.  Even though it is plastic for dayz.  I would probably give it a matte finish paint job

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Their is non modular hard drive cages on the R4. Also not enough cut outs for cable management.

What are you talking about? The drive cages are modular and have been for awhile. There is also enough cable management grommets to run everything just fine.

Cooler Master CM 690 II.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

350d or the r4. Wish i had a little more money when i was doing my build to afford one of them

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

Whats with this likeness for the R4? What makes it special? I don't see much out of it. The NZXT Source 530 would of also be a better choice if looking for the same design. But the R4 doesn't support 360Rad on top.

Corsair 350D, Define R4, Bitfenix Shinobi.

Can't come up with more.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Whats with this likeness for the R4? What makes it special? I don't see much out of it. The NZXT Source 530 would of also be a better choice if looking for the same design. But the R4 doesn't support 360Rad on top.

It's about as simple and sleek it gets for the price point and is pretty well rounded in terms of features and quality. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's about as simple and sleek it gets for the price point and is pretty well rounded in terms of features and quality. 

But the Source 530 is 10$ cheaper and looks about the same.

But the Source 530 is 10$ cheaper and looks about the same.

I pretty strongly disagree. The Define R4 has a completely flat front door with no markings for any 5.25" bays with only a led at the top. The Define R4 is pretty much just a simple box with a simple rectangular window while the Source 530 has a good deal of angled designs with a protruding lid around the very front.

I pretty strongly disagree. The Define R4 has a completely flat front door with no markings for any 5.25" bays with only a led at the top. The Define R4 is pretty much just a simple box with a simple rectangular window while the Source 530 has a good deal of angled designs with a protruding lid around the very front.

Alright not bad. I just think for myself that feature wise the Source 530 would win.

I currently have a Cooler Master HAF 932.It's out of production now.Not sure if you can still find it online.

What is your favorite case below $150 OTHER than the obvious Define R4/Arc Midi R2? I may get the Define R4 but I want more options.

Thanks

I also have the same type of Dilemma, I am torn between the R4 and the 750D lol

I also have the same type of Dilemma, I am torn between the R4 and the 750D lol

go 750d it is silent

Corsair 250D, cutest case ever made.