Is my GPU dead?

BenChurchill

I have a EVGA GTX 1080 SC and the logo LED on the side of it flickers on and off, the card performs well and I haven't had any issues with crashes or anything but I'm worried there could be something wrong with the card. Has anyone had this issue or know if this is normal behavior? 

PC Specs:

CPU: i7 6700K 

MB: Gigabyte Motherboard Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 GA-B150M-D3H-GSM

PSU : CORSAIR CSM Series, CS550M

1 minute ago, BenChurchill said:

the card performs well and I haven't had any issues with crashes or anything

then it's fine unplug the led if it bothers you

if the light is adressable from software try turning it off

CPU:Intel I5 6700k (4.7GHz)  Mobo:Asus maximus viii hero RAM:HyperX 16GB  GPU:MSI gtx1080 Gaming X
Case:Fractal Design Define S SSD:Kingston 240GB HDD:1TB & 2TB raid 0 PSU:Corsair RMX750 Cooling:H100i v2 OS:Windows 10
Display:Benq GL2440,LG 29" Keyboard:Tesoro Durandal Mouse:Deathadder Sound:2.1 GENESIS NCS-0856, PC-37X, Razer manowar

21 minutes ago, BenChurchill said:

I have a EVGA GTX 1080 SC and the logo LED on the side of it flickers on and off, the card performs well and I haven't had any issues with crashes or anything but I'm worried there could be something wrong with the card. Has anyone had this issue or know if this is normal behavior? 

PC Specs:

CPU: i7 6700K 

MB: Gigabyte Motherboard Micro ATX DDR4 LGA 1151 GA-B150M-D3H-GSM

PSU : CORSAIR CSM Series, CS550M

*Doctor walks into the room*

Owner : "panics" doctor give me the news....

Doctor : Sir, you want the good news or the bad news first? 

Owner : The good news first please 

Doctor : Your child is fine, the bad news is maybe you got a faulty led. 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

Thanks for the replies guys, I was pretty sure it's just faulty LEDs and I don't really mind. It's the lower end card so the LEDs aren't controllable I just thought maybe there was something funky going on with the power delivery or something. Just wanted to see if anyone had a situation where their LEDs went out then 3 months later the card died. 

8 minutes ago, BenChurchill said:

Thanks for the replies guys, I was pretty sure it's just faulty LEDs and I don't really mind. It's the lower end card so the LEDs aren't controllable I just thought maybe there was something funky going on with the power delivery or something. Just wanted to see if anyone had a situation where their LEDs went out then 3 months later the card died. 

If you're afraid the card may die you could always RMA it

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570)