Need advice for new build (1100 euros cap)

ilikefood

Hello. I am planning this build for a friend for gaming (not enthusiast) and photo editing (it's his job - no video editing though). Doesn't care/want overclock. This is what I was thinking:

CPU: Ryzen 2600

GPU: GTX 1060 6GB

MB: MSI X470 Gaming Plus (this is the part I need help the most if somebody has a better/cheaper recommendation.)

SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB (already has HDDs)

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4-3000MHz (will add 8GB more later)

PSU: Seasonic M12II 520 Evo

Monitor: Asus PB277Q (some advice about this one too. Needs 1440p resolution)

Case will be the cheapest we can find with some decent cooling.

All this comes around 1080 euros, with the monitor being the most expensive (280) and the gpu next (270) (all these with shipping costs).

I think that's about it. If I forgot something let me know. If there is ANY better/cheaper recommendation or advice in general about any of the parts, please let me know.

Thank you :) 

Anyone? At another forum I was told to replace the motherboard with MSI B350 Gaming Plus and the monitor with Lenovo L24q

Any advice or at least confirmation that the build is solid is appreciated. 

On 10/13/2018 at 10:18 PM, ilikefood said:

Do not get b350 with 2nd gen Ryzen.

This build has Windows included.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  ($160.98 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ B&H)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.80 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.94 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB D5 6G Video Card  ($254.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.77 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($98.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $973.43
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-15 03:30 EDT-0400

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

13 hours ago, MandoPanda said:

Do not get b350 with 2nd gen Ryzen.

This build has Windows included.

Thank you, I checked the B450  and seems fine, wont need bios update either (because the shops I asked charge it for 15 euros for some reason) so I will go with it. One more question. The RAM I will buy (its cheaper than the ripjaws 3200) is 3000MHz. Do you know if it will be plug-n-play or will I need to adjust something through the bios to get this frequency? Because in the specs it mentions "3000MHzOC".

you can find cheaper options for windows key on 3rd party key sellers for ~30$

Tried it out 2 years ago that same key still working and even survived a full hardware change no problems

1 hour ago, ilikefood said:

or will I need to adjust something through the bios to get this frequency?

You will need to enable XMP to reach your speed.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018

less money and much better CPU and also better GPU.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zpZXFt
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/zpZXFt/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor  ($179.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.99 @ Newegg Business)
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  ($139.89 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($54.80 @ OutletPC)
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.84 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB NITRO+ Video Card  ($239.95 @ Amazon)
Case: Corsair - 200R ATX Mid Tower Case  ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($79.67 @ OutletPC)
Total: $878.12
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-15 18:43 EDT-0400

59 minutes ago, SpiralTTGL said:

-snip-

You have to come to terms with your own conscience when dealing with the 'grey market'. I personally am not a fan, but if you are broke and think Microsoft has enough money and the people who work to develop and upkeep Windows don't deserve to keep doing that in the capacity they currently are... then go right ahead.

First of all, what is the ‘grey market’?
A grey market is the trade of a commodity through distribution channels that are legal but unintended by the original manufacturer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_market

What is the risk to the buyer?
• License keys sold via these channels carry the potential to be blacklisted at any time (you may never ‘activate’, you may be active for a week/month/year or indefinitely – it’s a complete crapshoot). The risk varies depending on how the specific key was obtained in the first place – something you have no way to determine.

You can read more here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3436194/grey-market-windows-licenses.html