Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

$580 budget

NotAVAP
 Share

Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a sub US $580 gaming rig. The catch is that due to my location only Amazon Prime shipping is avalible.

I managed to put this together, but I think you can do better. 

 

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G                                                            ($99.57 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus - PRIME A320M-K                                              ($59.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400      ($75.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Patriot - Blaze 120GB 2.5" SSD                                          ($29.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD                  ($43.95 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition             ($179.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Thermaltake - Versa H17 MicroATX Mini Tower                     ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Other: Be quiet! System Power 9 - 400W                                         ($51.59 @ local shop) (not via Amazon because shipping would be additional $34.99)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total:                                                                                                   $581.06
 

Thanks guys.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

A single stick of 8GB RAM will be cheaper. You can ditch the SSD for now.

 

Drop down to a normal Ryzen 3 1200 since you're getting a 1050Ti, that eliminates the need for the 2200G.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks pretty good except for the A320 motherboard, you should really get a B350 so you can overclock. I would also look into the possibility of getting a ryzen 3 1200 for some extra overclock headroom since you already have a GPU

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

A single stick of 8GB RAM will be cheaper. You can ditch the SSD for now.

 

Drop down to a normal Ryzen 3 1200 since you're getting a 1050Ti, that eliminates the need for the 2200G.

The 8gb stick would be cheaper, but wouldn't it better to utilize AMD's dual channel preference? (Legit question, I don't use AMD)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DVA said:

The 8gb stick would be cheaper, but wouldn't it better to utilize AMD's dual channel preference? (Legit question, I don't use AMD)

In theory, yes. I personally run a single stick of 8GB with my Ryzen 1600, and it's even only 2133Mhz. I'm not enough of a power user to care about "missing performance" if I'm likely never going to notice the performance gains in the first place.

 

Especially with a budget system like this, that's a corner you can cut without any worries.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, PhantomHawk11 said:

That looks pretty good except for the A320 motherboard, you should really get a B350 so you can overclock.

That's a really good point, thank you.

 

9 minutes ago, PhantomHawk11 said:

I would also look into the possibility of getting a ryzen 3 1200 for some extra overclock

I would need to know, which cpu cooler I would need, if I wanted to overclock it to like 4 GHz. I don't think the stock cooler would manage to cool it.

 

5 minutes ago, DVA said:

The 8gb stick would be cheaper, but wouldn't it better to utilize AMD's dual channel preference?

From what I heard I think it is better to use 2x4 GB if you use AMD.

 

14 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

You can ditch the SSD for now.

i think I could do that, but the boot/load times are pretty tempting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NotAVAP said:

That's a really good point, thank you.

 

I would need to know, which cpu cooler I would need, if I wanted to overclock it to like 4 GHz. I don't think the stock cooler would manage to cool it.

 

From what I heard I think it is better to use 2x4 GB if you use AMD.

 

i think I could do that, but the boot/load times are pretty tempting.

If the boot timing is temping to you, save another 50 bucks or heck even 40 and grab a 128gb SSD. ADATA and Kingston always have sales on these. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NotAVAP said:

I would need to know, which cpu cooler I would need, if I wanted to overclock it to like 4 GHz. I don't think the stock cooler would manage to cool it.

My stock cooler keeps my Ryzen 5 1600 nice and cool, I'm overclocked to 3.8Ghz as well. The stock cooler can get you to 4Ghz, but you need a higher end board since you'll be pushing into the 1.4v range.

 

2 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

From what I heard I think it is better to use 2x4 GB if you use AMD.

I explained that here:

5 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

In theory, yes. I personally run a single stick of 8GB with my Ryzen 1600, and it's even only 2133Mhz. I'm not enough of a power user to care about "missing performance" if I'm likely never going to notice the performance gains in the first place.

 

Especially with a budget system like this, that's a corner you can cut without any worries.

 

2 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

i think I could do that, but the boot/load times are pretty tempting.

The Barracuda 7200RPM is a pretty snappy drive, I don't have too many problems with slow boot/load times on mine.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The stock cooler can get you to 4Ghz, but you need a higher end board since you'll be pushing into the 1.4v range.

There's one problem and it's called shipping. If I try to buy a B350 (Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3) from a local shop it would cost around $100 instead of the $75 pcpartpicker.com is showing. If I try to order it from Amazon the shipping would be additional $40 (and that's surprisingly a no from me)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

There's one problem and it's called shipping. If I try to buy a B350 (Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3) from a local shop it would cost around $100 instead of the $75 pcpartpicker.com is showing. If I try to order it from Amazon the shipping would be additional $40 (and that's surprisingly a no from me)

You need B350 at least for overclocking.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If my post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // PSU Tier List // Bugs and Issues // Join Floatplane! // Join the LTT Official Discord //

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.57 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.95 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Inland - Professional 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($23.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.94 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 4GB Dual Video Card  ($183.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($45.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $573.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-11 16:42 EDT-0400

 

Configured build using only amazon. I could be misstaken, but you should be able to get this

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

I'm aware of that, that's why I'm trying to find one with free shipping to Czech Republic

Um, that would hav been nice to know previusly........

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($99.57 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock - A320M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($79.95 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper Elite 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2800 Memory  ($69.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Inland - Professional 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($23.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($43.94 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus - Radeon RX 580 4GB Dual Video Card  ($183.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Rosewill - SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($26.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CX (2017) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($45.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $573.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-11 16:42 EDT-0400

 

Configured build using only amazon. I could be misstaken, but you should be able to get this

It sure is a great build and I would live to have it but I only looked a half of the components and the shipping to my country is more that $200

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

It sure is a great build and I would live to have it but I only looked a half of the components and the shipping to my country is more that $200

Well, since you live in europe, can you buy from germany? Also local online shops. Buying abroad is almost allways way more expencive

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Well, since you live in europe, can you buy from germany? Also local online shops. Buying abroad is almost allways way more expencive

Shipping from germany is almost as expensive as shipping from the US (believe me, I tried) and our local online shops are more expensive than shipping a product from the US. For instance if I tried to buy a B350 in Czech Republic, I would pay US $118. If I tried to buy a B450 from Amazon, it would cost me US $108.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

Shipping from germany is almost as expensive as shipping from the US (believe me, I tried) and our local online shops are more expensive than shipping a product from the US. For instance if I tried to buy a B350 in Czech Republic, I would pay US $118. If I tried to buy a B450 from Amazon, it would cost me US $108.

 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 1200 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor  (€83.80 @ Alza) 
Motherboard: ASRock - AB350M Pro4 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€73.16 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Memory: Patriot - Viper 4 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€76.90 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Storage: Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€44.41 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX 580 4GB PULSE Video Card  (€199.90 @ Caseking) 
Case: Rosewill - FBM-05 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (€22.84 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 500W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  (€64.89 @ Amazon Deutschland) 
Total: €565.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-11 22:56 CEST+0200

 

Just throwing i. German amazon in there aswell. Shipping might be better.

 

Check used market for R9 290x/390x/nano/fury cards. Sorry i camt help much more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, NotAVAP said:

I'm aware of that, that's why I'm trying to find one with free shipping to Czech Republic

Can't you just buy from a local store to save money? Instead of buying online that is.

 

Also have you considered the used market in your region for some of the parts? Like the case perhaps?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, grss1982 said:

Can't you just buy from a local store to save money? Instead of buying online that is.

 

Also have you considered the used market in your region for some of the parts? Like the case perhaps?

As I already said, local shops a way more expensive, than shipping from US etc. Buying prebuilds is also a big no no, because they'll get you a 2 core i3, rx 460, 4 gb of ram and a 500 GB HDD and charge you like $700-800 (I wish I was kidding...)

 

And used market basically doesn't exist here. There's no store/website with useable used parts or even prebuilds in my area. Craigslist is only avalible in our capital but there's not a single pc component on there. If I try to contact someone from an "online bazaar" (I don't know how to describe it) the most advanced stuff they'll sell are their "High tec parts" from circa 2005.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×