Help fixing PC blue screen

ripper101

So I’m trying to fix my living room browsing computer and it has started to get a blue screen on Windows 10. There’s nothing I noticed really specific that triggers it. I tried to update Windows and that just crashes it as well. I also tried restoring it and wiping it completely in the Windows settings but it always blue screens during the process. I am wondering if there is another option involving a simple resolution versus a clean install via usb stick.

6 minutes ago, Gotham said:

There usually is a error code if its a proper blue screen EX:

Image result for blue screen

I’ve gotten a few different error codes depending on what sets it off but these are the two I know of 

BAD_POOL_HEADER 

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 

3 hours ago, Jenko32 said:

Check if your drive is okay with CrystalDiskInfo or other program that look into s.m.a.r.t.

3 hours ago, Matthew Waring said:

3 hours ago, Brooksie359 said:

Make sure your drivers are up to date. 

I think it’s a hardware issue as I swapped in a hard drive with a different Windows 10 and it did the same thing.

3 minutes ago, ripper101 said:

I think it’s a hardware issue as I swapped in a hard drive with a different Windows 10 and it did the same thing.

Swapping in a diffrent hard drive with a diffrent Windows would likely give the same exact issue if it's driver related. If your drivers aren't up to date and it's causing an issue you need to update them.