Samsung launches the Galaxy A9 2018, with 4 rear cameras

D13H4RD
3 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not at all

Yeah they really need to offer a few focal lengths to have any hope at quality since there doesn't seem to be room for an adjustable optical zoom lens.  The 2x is a good start, but they also need something like a ~6x.  One issue I foresee though is they already struggle to get enough light and so that will push things way beyond what can be done with such a tiny sensor.  For reference I made an example using photos I had taken at 18 mm and 140 mm to show the difference between "digital zoom" (crop and stretch) and optical zoom and why 6x would be worth having for those real long shots (this is 7.78x if I'm calculating that correctly... I wish they'd just give equivalent focal length instead of all this multiplication bs)

18.jpg

140.jpg

This came out before the edge fiasco, here at least.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_edge-6631.php

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

1 minute ago, Sharif said:

This came out before the edge fiasco, here at least.

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_edge-6631.php

Looks like an S6... guess it was from that generation.  What was wrong with it?  How does it relate to this 4 camera thing?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Looks like an S6... guess it was from that generation.  What was wrong with it?  How does it relate to this 4 camera thing?

Before the first S6 edge came out, this phone came out before it to probably test out the market.

Kinda like what is being done with A9 I assume 

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Just now, Sharif said:

Before the first S6 edge came out, this phone came out before it to probably test out the market.

Kinda like what is being done with A9 I assume 

Oh.  Well in this case the S9 and Note 9 already exist so this is the other way around

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

26 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Oh.  Well in this case the S9 and Note 9 already exist so this is the other way around

I just really hope their flagship eventually gets a wide angle lens, it's way more useful than a telephoto lens will ever be on day to day shooting.

I have been using it on my g5 and eventually now my g6, it is super nice to have especially when space is an issue and you can't really walk back.

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD