[1.5 Update] Hushed Prodigy - Silent | Docking Station | Acrylic Tube Water Cooling | Mods | White & Red |

jlOrHeb.jpg

Computer Parts                                                                                                                                                                                                               

CPU: Intel i7-2600k: received
Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe mITX: received

Ram: 8Gb (2 x 4) Corsair Vengance 1866: received
GPU: 1 x GeForce GTX 780: received
Case: BitFenix Prodigy mITX White: received

Power Supply: Strider Gold 750: received

SSD: 1 x OWC SSD 128Gb: received

HD: 1 x WD 600GB 7200rpm: received

Mods Parts

Sleeving: Lutro0 Customs Paracord: order 

Led Lighting: BitFenix Alchemy: order 

Sleeving Tools: Lutro0 Customs: Waiting for Stock

1x Phobya Molex to 6 3pin Fan Spliiter: received  

Acrylic for Midplate, Custom Windows and custom front panel: order  

EK Acrylic Tube Bending Kit: order

Aluminium For Custom Front Panel: order    

Spray Paint: received

Cooling

Case and Radiator fans: 7 x Undefined: order

Radiator: 2 x XSPC EX240 & 1 x XSPC EX360: received

CPU Block: EK Supremacy Clean nickel plexi : order

GPU: 1 x EK FC Titan: order

Pump: 1 x Swiftech MCP35X-WTorder

Reservoir: EK res X3 150mm White order

Tubing: EK Solid Tubing tube 16mm/12mm: order

Coolant: Mayhems Ice White: order

Dye: Mayhems Red Dye 15ml: received

Fittings: EK Solid Tubing Fittings - Bitspower Quick Disconnects: order

Index

Part #1 The PSU: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/97925-first-update-hushed-prodigy-silent-acrylic-tube-water-cooling-mods-white-red/?p=1443821

Part #1.5 A Small Update w/ Fan Grill and Mobo arrival http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/97925-15-update-hushed-prodigy-silent-docking-station-acrylic-tube-water-cooling-mods-white-red/?p=1531841

Kül

CPU: i5 3570k CPU Cooler: Hyper 212+ Mobo: Asrock Pro 4 Z77 GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 PSU: Seasonic G 650w HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB SSD: Kingston v300 Sound Card: Asus xonar dg MonitorAcer K272HUL, HP 22bw 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G400 Mousepad: Steelseries Qck+ Case: Corsair Air 540 Fans: 4x Noctua NF-P12 (saving up for more)

oooooo plz i want

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Apoligies for the delay everyone. Apparently it's extremely rare to come a across a decently priced z77 mITX 1155 motherboard in Australia. If anyone can make a suggestion as to where I can find one let me know.

Thanks

Oh this is going to look good! Are you gonna bend it? I'm assuming you're just gonna use fittings to line things up correct?

Good luck fitting that power supply in there :) Nice build though. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Apoligies for the delay everyone. Apparently it's extremely rare to come a across a decently priced z77 mITX 1155 motherboard in Australia. If anyone can make a suggestion as to where I can find one let me know.

Thanks

They are impossible to find in the U.S. as well, that's why I switch to Haswell. 

Intel i5 3570K || Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 8GB FE || 8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600MHz || ASRock Z77 Pro 3 || WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Noctua NH-U12S || Creative Sound Blaster Audigy FX Sound Card || Fractal Define R4 || Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I REV 4.2 Wireless Network Card

ASUS VC239H Monitor || Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red || Logitech G Pro || Philips SHP9500 w/ V-MODA BoomPro Mic || Reflex Lab Pro 36 Heavy Mouse Pad || Google Nexus 6P 128GB

Oh this is going to look good! Are you gonna bend it? I'm assuming you're just gonna use fittings to line things up correct?

Noope. Bending ;)

Good luck fitting that power supply in there :) Nice build though. 

its in with 2.5cm clearance in the front. Not that it matters though (there is gonna be a fair bit of cutting)

Noope. Bending ;)

Oh that's gonna be rough lol. You going with PrimoChill tubing? I used E22 13mm tubing and that stuff just wouldn't make tight bends. Really wished I went with PrimoChill instead but I like Bitspower fittings better!

Oh that's gonna be rough lol. You going with PrimoChill tubing? I used E22 13mm tubing and that stuff just wouldn't make tight bends. Really wished I went with PrimoChill instead but I like Bitspower fittings better!

I'm using the new EK HD solid tubing and fittings line because of its large size (12mm/16mm). Unfortunately the fittings don't really compete with bitspower's but i'm painting them white so.. :)

its in with 2.5cm clearance in the front. Not that it matters though (there is gonna be a fair bit of cutting)

How many mm is the power supply? it will probably fit, but even my 140mm PSU was a bitch to get in! Best of luck to ya :)

I'm using the new EK HD solid tubing and fittings line because of its large size (12mm/16mm). Unfortunately the fittings don't really compete with bitspower's but i'm painting them white so.. :)

I was thinking of going with the EK fittings but they just seemed kinda meh to me. Definitely interested to see how the bending goes for you! I don't know if it was just me but the E22 13mm tubing didn't bend very well. With the silicone insert it was hard to even get it to bend 45 degrees. Trying to get it to bend tighter than that was damn near impossible!

How many mm is the power supply? it will probably fit, but even my 140mm PSU was a bitch to get in! Best of luck to ya :)

Mines 150mm. Strange that yours was hard to put in, are you sure you did it the right way?

I was thinking of going with the EK fittings but they just seemed kinda meh to me. Definitely interested to see how the bending goes for you! I don't know if it was just me but the E22 13mm tubing didn't bend very well. With the silicone insert it was hard to even get it to bend 45 degrees. Trying to get it to bend tighter than that was damn near impossible!

Maybe you didnt heat up the tubing enough? Also yeah the EK fittings are pretty ugly

Maybe you didnt heat up the tubing enough? Also yeah the EK fittings are pretty ugly

I heated it till it started sagging. Not sure how much more I could have heated it.

Mines 150mm. Strange that yours was hard to put in, are you sure you did it the right way?

yea it's just a bitch with cables

• 2 weeks later...

8j2ru7z.jpg

Update #1  The PSU

This build log is going to mark the first for a lot of things: Painting, Modding, Sleeveing and making a Build Log. It's also my second ever build

Since a lot of the parts havent arrived i've decided to work of the parts that i do have one by one with updates with each components completion. This may mean that updates could be months apart if you factor in school.

The first part is the power supply which will mostly consist of: disassembly, painting and  reassembly

So here we go

Dissembling the power supply wasn't made easy. Mostly because the power supply's power input and the switch were pushed through the back and soldered to wires. This meant that I had to use a saw to cut the piece of plastic into the 2 pieces shown in the image below. I also had to use a par of long handled secateurs to cut the metal in between the power input and the switch. After doing this i could take out the power supply internals leaving the case ready to be sanded and painted.

Here are the tools i used to disassemble  

Fy7Cc4T.jpg

Here are all the parts that have been sanded and masked fro painting. along with the tools i used

Kf268VJ.jpg

One of the panels painted! Not. Its appears that i didnt sand enough (as i said, first time). The weird sploggy in the photo above came though...

y3shlpR.jpg

A closeup of the issue

bSuxoSx.jpg

But thanks to @airdeano here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106643-painting-help-where-from-here/    i was back on track in no time

Most of the parts painting to completion, just the fan blades and another coat on the plastic thing to the left

3RQmdYE.jpg

gDKQPrJ.jpg

The power supply itself

pqGou8u.jpg

5oMCUKB.jpg

The Final Product! w/ Kitty

1dcijwj.jpg

6FMrllA.jpg

gym56jH.jpg

It's ALIVE! Jumped so it can start without being connected to a motherboard

BXB9JaK.jpg

CTQLQIk.jpg

SDlXZJA.jpg

This concluded this part of the build log. I hope you have enjoyed it. :)

That power supply is a beauty, excited to see more updates!

That is really beautiful. *stares at it again*

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

That power supply is a beauty, excited to see more updates!

That is really beautyful. *stares at it again*

Thanks :) An new update should be coming soon. At the moment i'm choosing between buying the sleeving supplies, motherboard or watercooling parts since i cant afford everything at the same time

That PSU is a thing of beauty.  Shame on the blue connectors though  :P

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

That PSU is a thing of beauty.  Shame on the blue connectors though  :P

I'm currently deciding if i should the paint the connectors. It shouldn't be too hard, just mask up the casing and mask the pins inside. If I don't, the connectors plugging into the psu will definitely be be painted. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, this is going to be small update since it's in the middle of the week

After school I received a little package

vLFrvRu.jpg

I've decided to go with the Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe for $260 AUD. 

BXJ6kEr.jpg

I've cut the acrylic cut to size for the midplate but unfortunately I can't take off the protective paper yet because i still have to drill the holes for the individual cables, tubing and reservoir.

QfkbV1w.jpg

4o7sK4P.jpg

I've also painted the top fan grill glossy red. Apologies for the average images since its midnight. Hopefully ill have some better ones up tomorrow with sunlight.

And obviously it will look a lot better when its fully assembled with handles and all.

fO1HH9u.jpg7EpcpQ6.jpg

I also tried cutting the acrylic for the custom front panel but just as the cut was almost done the corner broke off. Another sheet is on its way now.

4m9ujBu.jpg

Oh noes :( 

But what I saw so far, looks insanely promising! :) 

phanteks enthoo pro | intel i5 4690k | noctua nh-d14 | msi z97 gaming 5 | 16gb crucial ballistix tactical | msi gtx970 4G OC  | adata sp900