Done with my M50's, need an upgrade

Lauen
Go to solution Solved by EmoRarity,

Save dosh and get SRH440 with the 840's pads, you'll get the same sound/quality for less. 

A little derail, but anywho, anyone got any other suggestions?

Aye, muh mayne. Lemme rekommend u sum nodded Fostex T50RP's. You can mod them yourself or get them premodded.

I... may or may not have a pair I don't use but am willing to let go to a fellow LTT audiophile... don't tell Turk I told you...  :ph34r:

Aye, muh mayne. Lemme rekommend u sum nodded Fostex T50RP's. You can mod them yourself or get them premodded.

I... may or may not have a pair I don't use but am willing to let go to a fellow LTT audiophile... don't tell Turk I told you... :ninja:

83344462.gif

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

I want closed mostly because of my sister (we rent a big house) likes to turn her music up loud, which makes having closed headphones quite nice. I also like to have limited leakage of noise, as I am fond of sitting up very late, and turning it up loud, and we often have a lot of people around in the house. so yeah. 

I currently have the 440's and 840 pads in the basket... that order button looking mighty fine.. approx 120 usd, / 740 nok for 440's and 840 pads (woo norway......) 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I want closed mostly because of my sister (we rent a big house) likes to turn her music up loud, which makes having closed headphones quite nice. I also like to have limited leakage of noise, as I am fond of sitting up very late, and turning it up loud, and we often have a lot of people around in the house. so yeah. 

I currently have the 440's and 840 pads in the basket... that order button looking mighty fine.. approx 120 usd, / 740 nok for 440's and 840 pads (woo norway......) 

T50RP's.... are... closed...? Oh, looked it up, the T40RPMK2 is closed. Should be similarish after modding. 

My T50RP isolates about as much as my M50's did (though admittedly I didn't try out the M50's for long).

Couldn't find the Fostex T50RP's, not in my tired state anyway, but I ordered the 440's and the 840 pads! the 840 pads were in a remote storage though, so they'll arrive later. I assume the 440's will arrive on tuesday or wednesday, if they're fast. I'll do a review when I've used them for a little while! and I'm also considering writing up my own review of the M50's now.. 

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Spend $100 and Sennheiser Hd 280 pros.

I have a pair of them, ATH-M50s and Beredynamic DT770s. 280 Pros and M50s are very similar sound wise.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

For pure comfort (but also suprisingly good sound quality) I can't recommend the AKG K240 or K271 MK II's enough. They're the comfiest headphones I've ever used, and they sound very good, if a little flat (due to the fact that they're studio monitor headphones) Differences are the K240 are semi-closed, the K271 MK II's are closed.

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

did this really happen? is this real life?

some random asshole comes in and recommends a turtle beach and then in turn takes recommendations himself

the only good thing about a turtle beach is that the earpads from them can be used on an M50

the shitty beach pads have made my M50 real comfortable. 

some random asshole comes in and recommends a turtle beach and then in turn takes recommendations himself

the only good thing about a turtle beach is that the earpads from them can be used on an M50

Mean but i like it  :D

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

And I got to say a fantastic line, since I'm funny, sexy and a motherfucking g. 

And I got to say a fantastic line, since I'm funny, sexy and a motherfucking g. 

awwriiight.gif

Vuoj07r.jpg

Save dosh and get SRH440 with the 840's pads, you'll get the same sound/quality for less.

He can also get the 940's pads which are made from a different fabric, I have the 840's and I will do that once I have them fixed up

:/

He can also get the 940's pads which are made from a different fabric, I have the 840's and I will do that once I have them fixed up

Go for the 1540's pads if you are going to do that, they are the "best" pads that Shure offers. 

Go for the 1540's pads if you are going to do that, they are the "best" pads that Shure offers.

Don't think they are compatible, and if Op goes for the 440 he can make them feel much more premium with those pads, anyway thanks for the advice, will definitely do that if possible.

Don't think they are compatible, and if Op goes for the 440 he can make them feel much more premium with those pads, anyway thanks for the advice, will definitely do that if possible.

Go for it, I've been meaning to find out if the lower end pads fit mine, They all look about the same size but who knows. 

Edit: A quick google search conformed compatibility, so go for the 1540's pads. 

Go for it, I've been meaning to find out if the lower end pads fit mine, They all look about the same size but who knows.

Edit: A quick google search conformed compatibility, so go for the 1540's pads.

Thanks! I really liked those pads, just have to get them repaired :D