Corsair h100i v2 RGB lighting

ramm

So I just found out my 2.5 year old Corsair h100i v2 has an option to change light color. All i had to do was hook up an USB cable to it. This seems to work fine and I can change it to red, but I want to enable color cycling or other effects.

How would I go on about doing this?

download corsair link and there will be colour cycle options for the h100i v2 led

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

I don't think they do cycle colors on the h100i v2 im pretty sure you can only set it you one color and a temp alert color per profile in the icue software. you need a new RGB PRO cooler for color cycle as much as it pains me to say that

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

1 minute ago, NUFCThomas said:

download corsair link and there will be colour cycle options for the h100i v2 led

All I can find is static color and warning color.

I tried both Corsair Link and Corsair ICUE software

Just now, Picklestine said:

I don't think they do cycle colors on the h100i v2 im pretty sure you can only set it you one color and a temp alert color per profile in the icue software. you need a new RGB PRO cooler for color cycle as much as it pains me to say that

I need a new cooler? Seems more like a software issue. It does have all available RGB colors i just need a program that tells it to cycle through them

Just now, ramm said:

All I can find is static color and warning color.

I tried both Corsair Link and Corsair ICUE software

sorry your out of luck i made the same mistake, same again with there non pro rgb ram it doesn't link with the rest of the system but their new rgb pro ram does fing bullshit i say

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

Just now, Picklestine said:

sorry your out of luck i made the same mistake, same again with there non pro rgb ram it doesn't link with the rest of the system but their new rgb pro ram does fing bullshit i say

But i can literally cycle through all colors using my mouse

There isn't a piece of software that does this for you?

These coolers don't support anything but static colors. It was more an Asetek thing than a Corsair thing. The CoolIT version supported it. As does the new Pro series.

Aw well thats a shame. Guess i'll use static red then.

Still it baffles me why a company puts RGB in stuff and then not let you control it.

43 minutes ago, ramm said:

Aw well thats a shame. Guess i'll use static red then.

Still it baffles me why a company puts RGB in stuff and then not let you control it.

You have to remember, the cooler is a few years old. It can be set to a number of colors and is technically RGB.

On 10/1/2018 at 4:42 PM, Densetsu said:

You have to remember, the cooler is a few years old. It can be set to a number of colors and is technically RGB.

Yeah I guess it was from before the disco rgb craze.

One thing that bothers me, I connected the thing with an USB cable and changed its color to red to match my pc color scheme, however the next day when I turned my PC back on it was back to white lighting. It appears that you need to keep a usb cable connected to it for it to remember its color which is a huge design flaw, unless you like to have a big usb cable in the middle of your computer case right in front of your motherboard at all times.

so im keeping it white now

3 hours ago, ramm said:

Yeah I guess it was from before the disco rgb craze.

One thing that bothers me, I connected the thing with an USB cable and changed its color to red to match my pc color scheme, however the next day when I turned my PC back on it was back to white lighting. It appears that you need to keep a usb cable connected to it for it to remember its color which is a huge design flaw, unless you like to have a big usb cable in the middle of your computer case right in front of your motherboard at all times.

so im keeping it white now

As @For Science! said, if managed, you don't really notice it. There are many possible paths, such as the one it took me entirely too long to draw lol:

manage.thumb.jpg.028696dc4d76e19f21c0ab6853e2d307.jpg

The cable fits nicely as I've done w/ my actual cable, or run next to the PCIe slots as drawn.

That is how I routed the pump cables in these builds:

208802.f2af47b41ac9fb7cec031036c5e0cf25_1600.thumb.jpg.4e012895549f534f3dc7b1ba1069577e.jpgimage0x.thumb.jpg.a0fa4e18f2626ea61285009ff3ee5ec7.jpg

On a side note::

Yeah Corsair's software for Corsair Link and Corsair ICUE are sadly...umm...HORRIBLE.

Take it from me. I currently can't sync my RAM or AIO so I am running a skittles set-up atm lmao. 

28 minutes ago, DVA said:

On a side note::

Yeah Corsair's software for Corsair Link and Corsair ICUE are sadly...umm...HORRIBLE.

Take it from me. I currently can't sync my RAM or AIO so I am running a skittles set-up atm lmao. 

Perhaps make a thread detailing your troubles and we can assist. (Doing it here would be considered thread hijacking)

Edit: Never mind, found thread.

Just now, Densetsu said:

Perhaps make a thread detailing your troubles and we can assist. (Doing it here would be considered thread hijacking)

Wasn't trying to troubleshoot or anything, he mentioned it above earlier in his thread and I am stating that it is just a software issue. 

On 10/1/2018 at 8:47 AM, ramm said:

I need a new cooler? Seems more like a software issue. It does have all available RGB colors i just need a program that tells it to cycle through them

you see? 

1 minute ago, DVA said:

Wasn't trying to troubleshoot or anything, he mentioned it above earlier in his thread and I am stating that it is just a software issue. 

you see? 

Right, but we covered that it is not a software issue. It's an older cooler than does not support the kind of software synchronization he's after.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/4/2018 at 3:47 PM, King Poet said:

Right, but we covered that it is not a software issue. It's an older cooler than does not support the kind of software synchronization he's after.

But the thing is, I can manually change it. So isn't there a very lightweight program that does this for me?

We're all on computers afterall.. All you need is a small program or a script even that just cycles through colors for you in a rainbow like effect like you would normally do yourself.

• 9 months later...

hey so I stumbled on this thread as I was trying to find a solution to cycle LED on my H100i GTX.

In case anyone else is looking, what you need is EVGA Flow Control version 2.0.7. Anything higher is not compatible as your AIO will not be recognized.

I also have a Palit 2080 Super Jetstream card installed and with this Flow Control app, or rather the Led Sync app included, I can change led setting for both my AIO and GPU so they sync together.

Now if only I can get them to work with ASUS Aura...