hd tv screen protectors any good?

Copen-08

So I have some pretty bad luck with new TVs. Every time I get a new TV I always end up finding a way to scratch it with in a year of owning it. I tried googling hd tv screen protectors to figure out if they're any good, but Google only gave me Amazon, and Ebay links.

I'm wondering if hd tv screen protectors are worth the $50-ish they seem to go for, and how good they actually protect the screen. Honestly if I could I'd put some Gorilla Glass on it. I'm planing to get a 4K TV soon, so if 4K screens are any easier or harder to scratch that'd be good to know. Also, is there a way give a screen IPS* with a screen protector? I'm betting know, but i doesn't hurt to ask.

*https://www.viewsonic.com/library/photography/what-is-an-ips-monitor-panel

simple, DON'T TOUCH THE TV, seriously dude what are you doing that results in scratching a TV? I literally carried a TV around in the backseat of my car multiple times moving it in and out of the car to use at different locations and don't have a scratch anywhere on it.

and NO you can't make a non-IPS panel an IPS screen by slapping a screen protector on it, IPS is a technology that exist within the LCD layer of the display, IPS stands for "In Plane Switching" it describes how the LCD "liquid crystal" molecules move when a voltage is applied, nothing you lay on top can change the way they move.

Actually, the TV stays in place. Normally it's a cord or something hitting it.

Thanks for answering the IPS thing though. I guess I really just meant glare reduction when I said that.

21 minutes ago, Copen-08 said:

Actually, the TV stays in place. Normally it's a cord or something hitting it.

Thanks for answering the IPS thing though. I guess I really just meant glare reduction when I said that.

put the TV up on a wall and stop swinging crap around it, problem solved. the last time I've heard of people damaging TV screens was back in the early Wii days when people through there remotes at the screen because they lost grip.

there are glare reduction options but that tends to come at the cost of a matte finish on the screen which will reduce colors and brightness of the display, better to simply use curtains to block the sunlight from hitting the screen to start with.

Thanks, I kinda figured I was SoL for protection options, but thought I'd ask anyway, lol.