What is a good case and air cooler for my pc.

Sadio Nani

Hi I am going to build a pc. And I need a good air cooler for my pc. My father said that if I go for an aio cooler, I would have to constanly refill the liquid in the aio cooler (any truth to that?) so he suggested that I get an air cooler.  I also need a good case (would like a white colour 1). 

And if it helps, these are my current specs

i7 8700k

Aorus Gaming 7

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD

1 TB WD HDD

G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16 GB 3200MHZ.

Tks

32 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

My father said that if I go for an aio cooler, I would have to constanly refill the liquid in the aio cooler (any truth to that?) so he suggested that I get an air cooler.

That's not true; the AIO is sealed. Some liquid might get away over time but if any does it's very little and won't matter.

That being said, good air coolers are usually cheaper than equivalent performing AIOs. Dark Rock Pro 4 and NH-D15 are both solid air cooler that perform as well as good 240mm or 280mm AIOs while costing around $80. Usually people choose AIOs because they look nicer though that's a subjective thing.

33 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

I also need a good case (would like a white colour 1).

How much do you want to pay? Also, do you want RGB?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

A good case for Air Cooling would be the Coolermaster H500P Mesh or H500M, the Silverstone PM01 TG edition); the Meshify C, the coolermaster H500, the mastercase 5 Series case, ... any quality case with a mesh on front or a really well performance-oriented closed front panel design like the Corsair 400C or the Lian Li Lancool One

There is a tier list of  Coolers on the forums, I think the Cryorig H7 Lumi will be a good fit. 

Be sure to check if your choice fits in the case of your choice. If you take the CM H500P Mesh, you sure as hell will have all the clearance you need.

I don't agree with your dad, maybe it was a real thing in his time - but today you do not need to repalce the liquid in CLCs. Corsair Liquid Coolers have 5 years warranty on them.
If you want to go liquid cooling, the Lian LI 011 Dynamic is a case I'd strongly recommend

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

10 hours ago, DocSwag said:

That's not true; the AIO is sealed. Some liquid might get away over time but if any does it's very little and won't matter.

That being said, good air coolers are usually cheaper than equivalent performing AIOs. Dark Rock Pro 4 and NH-D15 are both solid air cooler that perform as well as good 240mm or 280mm AIOs while costing around $80. Usually people choose AIOs because they look nicer though that's a subjective thing.

How much do you want to pay? Also, do you want RGB?

yes. I am willing to spend at least $100-$200 sgd 

i was thinking about going with NZXT H500. Any thoughts about that, or do u recommend me other things?

6 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

yes. I am willing to spend at least $100-$200 sgd 

CM Mastercooler 240 is pretty good, as are H100i Pro and Kraken X62 (though the latter is usually more expensive).

Solid air coolers could be dark rock pro 4 and nh-d15 though they don't have RGB

4 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

i was thinking about going with NZXT H500. Any thoughts about that, or do u recommend me other things?

Yeah that's a pretty solid case

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

NZXT S340?

1 minute ago, Sadio Nani said:

is there any other optionss? Which are better possibly.

wait is there any other cases that u recommend for this build

i7 8700k

Corsair H100i PRO RGB

Aorus Gaming 7

G.Skill Trident Z RGB

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

1TB WD HDD red

8 hours ago, Sadio Nani said:

wait is there any other cases that u recommend for this build

i7 8700k

Corsair H100i PRO RGB

Aorus Gaming 7

G.Skill Trident Z RGB

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

1TB WD HDD red

For an 8700K, I would recommend something with better Airflow than the S340 or H500. @Beer_Nontitju mentioned a lot of good cases you should consider, as well as the Enthoo Pro M TG and Lian Li PC-O11D

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

For an 8700K, I would recommend something with better Airflow than the S340 or H500. @Beer_Nontitju mentioned a lot of good cases you should consider, as well as the Enthoo Pro M TG and Lian Li PC-O11D

Ok if i got with the lian li 011d, can i replace the fans with rgb fans?

35 minutes ago, Sadio Nani said:

Ofc you can.... RGB fans are fairly expensive though.

Also consider the Define S, Define R6, and Meshify C. Might not be to your flavor, but all are very good cases.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

6 hours ago, Sadio Nani said:

Yes. The PC-011D actually doenst come with fans unless you buy the version that does (closer to $160) The Air version comes with 3 fans

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Ok i guess i will buy that 1. What rgb fans should i buy?

3 hours ago, Sadio Nani said:

Ok i guess i will buy that 1. What rgb fans should i buy?

Depending on whether you are wanting a specific color or a fan that goes through them all.

Probably Thermaltake or CoolerMaster -again depending on the size of fan you need or want 80mm, 120mm, 140mm or 200mm.

Current computers:

Primary Computer (In Progress):

Spoiler

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CASE: ROSEWIL THOR V2 Black

CPU:

Motherboard:

GPU: SAPPHIRE VEGA 56 -TBU RTX 2070 SUPER

RAM: 48 GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX
PSU: SEASONIC PRIME 1300 W GOLD

STORAGE: 4x SEAGATE EXOS 4TB | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: 16000DPI GAMING MOUSE

KEYBOARD: -PENDING-

MONITOR: -PENDING- AOC AGON AG241QX 24" -PENDING-

COOLING:  CPU: Noctua NH-D15 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

LAST UPDATED 4/29/20

Secondary Computer:

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8370 Black Edition 

Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0

GPU: Zotac GeForce GTX 970 AMP! Omega Core Edition 

RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX Savage 1600MHz DDR3
PSU: Antec High Current Gamer HCG-900W

STORAGE: 5x Western Digital Black 2TB - WD2003FZEX | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

SOUND SYSTEM: Logitech Z506 Surround Sound via Vantec USB External 7.1 Channel Audio Adapter  

MOUSE: PUREX 2400 DPI Wired Laser Gaming Mouse

KEYBOARD: DBPOWER 104 Key -3 Backlit -I KNOW! Linus doesn't approve -I have glued it to the desk and it works well for my needs.

MONITOR: ASUS VS247H-P 24 Inch 

COOLING: CPU: Noctua NH-D14 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

GRAPHICS: 2x NF12s fans on graphics card + 2x NF-F12s & 1x NA-A12x25 in Fan box | 1x Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Cards

Ok

6 hours ago, kingknightrider said:

Depending on whether you are wanting a specific color or a fan that goes through them all.

Probably Thermaltake or CoolerMaster -again depending on the size of fan you need or want 80mm, 120mm, 140mm or 200mm.

I want a fan that goes through them all. Also which is a better cooler for this system? The corsair h100i pro rgb or the nzxt x52??

3 hours ago, Sadio Nani said:

Also which is a better cooler for this system? The corsair h100i pro rgb or the nzxt x52??

They're both the same performance wise. Get which ever is either cheaper or looks better to you.

11 hours ago, Sadio Nani said:

Ok

I want a fan that goes through them all. Also which is a better cooler for this system? The corsair h100i pro rgb or the nzxt x52??

If you want only one probably the best in my opinion is this:

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-MasterFan-Computer-Radiators/dp/B06XJ2LCPG/

Since most seem tied into packs of multiples.

Current computers:

Spoiler

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CPU:

Motherboard:

STORAGE: 4x SEAGATE EXOS 4TB | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

COOLING:  CPU: Noctua NH-D15 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

LAST UPDATED 4/29/20

Secondary Computer:

Spoiler

STORAGE: 5x Western Digital Black 2TB - WD2003FZEX | Sans Digital HDD 5-Bay Rack | Sisun IDE SATA HDD Docking Station 

KEYBOARD: DBPOWER 104 Key -3 Backlit -I KNOW! Linus doesn't approve -I have glued it to the desk and it works well for my needs.

COOLING: CPU: Noctua NH-D14 -3x NF-F12 Fan MOD || 10-12X NF-F12 || EXHAUST: 3x NA-A12x25

GRAPHICS: 2x NF12s fans on graphics card + 2x NF-F12s & 1x NA-A12x25 in Fan box | 1x Vantec SP-FC70-BL Spectrum System Fan Cards

1 hour ago, Sadio Nani said:

oh ok. I was thinking bout the corsair ll120mm 

No you are thinking correctly.

If your budget can allow for it then always go Corsair, CoolerMaster or Thermaltake -in that order.

I didn't read anything about budget so I always assume the worst.

That one I listed is the best for around $10 US but is by NO way the "BEST" rgb out there -the other three above are far better.

Current computers:

Spoiler

SUBJECT TO CHANGE

CPU:

Motherboard:

LAST UPDATED 4/29/20

Secondary Computer:

Spoiler