A laptop with vaild license says it will expire

DOGEY

So my sister's laptop (Sony Vaio was worked fine for the last 10 years) with a valid license, but before 6 minutes her laptop said that her license will end after 30 day?! HOW. IMPORTANT PART: There are no cracking programs. I was reading forums and got to the conclusion that there weren't cracking programs. That was after reading forums and reading that she had a license on her laptop box. What could i do? Go to a tech shop? See what happens? (Mostly it will be probably a win 10 installation after it because to terminate win 7) EDIT: The end of the support for Win 7 is January 14, 2020

They may be talking about support. If you have a valid license, there is no end date to it, as far as I know.

But having said that, Sony may have bought license, that have a time limit ?

Windows 7 original end of support was July 17 2017, and was given the new date.

Did you check the date on the comp. it may have the wrong date.

I need to wait to check cuz her laptop has a password. But 10 years time limit? Why? And her laptop has a windows as a bonus and a sticker for the windows license.

I checked but it says expires after 30 days. :( The time is right, and maybe its like 10 years time license.

Weird, first time I have heard of a time limit on Windows. 

I would email Sony support and ask about it.

You may need to do some research, since the brand was sold by Sony

Sometimes Windows likes to phone home and check the license. I'm guessing, if it hasn't been online recently it may be giving an alert. Does it say the license is invalid or similar? Maybe a screenshot will help. I'd also guess go online, and see if you can manually reactivate the existing licence?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

The laptop is in use regularly and it's online. It doesn't say that its license will expire just, you have 30 days before your license deactivates. She didn't go to a tech shop, but if she wait 30 days i think her laptop will install Windows 10 with a 30 day trial. (I have been worried for that because she LOVES her Windows 7).

If the license expire. the only thing that may happen will be lack of support, no new update.Just like trial version.

In my opinion, I may be wrong.

Do a backup of all the stuff on the laptop, just in case.

On 9/29/2018 at 9:04 AM, DOGEY said:

So my sister's laptop (Sony Vaio was worked fine for the last 10 years) with a valid license, but before 6 minutes her laptop said that her license will end after 30 day?! HOW. IMPORTANT PART: There are no cracking programs. I was reading forums and got to the conclusion that there weren't cracking programs. That was after reading forums and reading that she had a license on her laptop box. What could i do? Go to a tech shop? See what happens? (Mostly it will be probably a win 10 installation after it because to terminate win 7) EDIT: The end of the support for Win 7 is January 14, 2020

I have never heard of a Windows license 'ending', my guess is that this is a fake message created by malware, can you please take a screenshot or a picture of what this message says?

I am sure its not malware her laptop has a antivirus. I can't take screenshot of the message bc it showed up only one time.

Just now, DOGEY said:

I am sure its not malware her laptop has a antivirus. I can't take screenshot of the message bc it showed up only one time.

Ok can you go into Control panel, click on System and Security, and then System, and post a screenshot or picture of that?

she's outside plus she has a password on her laptop. ?I need to wait. Maybe 1 hour sorry but daily shes outside for about 4-5 hours. (When it is weekend)

Just now, DOGEY said:

she's outside plus she has a password. ?I need to wait. Maybe 1 hour sorry but daily shes outside for about 4-5 hours. (When it is weekend)

Alright, just post it when you can, and I also have another question, did the message include a phone number to call, or was it a webpage? If it was either of those, then I can guarantee you it is a scam.

It was just a windows notification right on your screen like when you need to update and says to schedule a time for that, I think. 

Just now, DOGEY said:

It was just a windows notification right on your screen like when you need to update and says to schedule a time for that, I think. ( 

Ah, alright, then im not really sure what it would be, but definitely still post a screenshot of the system screen. I do have a few possible reasons as to why this would happen however.

When you open the --Control Pannel ...  Look at bottom of description of the system you should be able to see if Windows as a valid license

3 minutes ago, DOGEY said:

Say the reasons, I am curious to know

One reason could be that *somehow* the license got removed from the computer, and needs to be entered again. This however, is very unlikely, but its a possibility.

Another reason could be that the message is simply a very carefully worded message, to get you to upgrade to Windows 10 (I wouldn't put it past Microsoft, seeing as how they basically tricked many people into upgrading to Windows 10 a few years back)

In your case however, I would need to see the system screen of the control panel, to determine if its still licensed.

Ok i will post a picture if I can or atleast say if it is licensed. And i think i should go to sleep bc my head really hurts ?. It says that its licensed, but it doesn't say that it got 30 days only what i see:Windows activated options change license and terms of service for license.

Just now, DOGEY said:

Ok i will post a picture if I can or atleast say if it is licensed. And i think i should go to sleep bc my head really hurts ?. It says that its licensed, but it doesn't say that it got 30 days only what i see:Windows activated options change license and terms of service for license.

If it says that its licensed, your fine.

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, DOGEY said:

Call Microsoft and have them take a look at it.

Also can you get the screenshot of the actual error message that she gets on the device?

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

i can't get a shot of the error message it came up only one time.