strange behavior

yaniv862

hello there guys i hope you could help me

my grandparents computer behaving really strange

about a month ago the hard drive died and now today the gpu

for the hard drive it may be reasonable cause it was never replaced before

but the gpu is pretty new

(i know its the gpu because its only working now from the motherboard port and not detecting the card)

maybe you guys know the reason for the pc killing parts?

i dont think its the power suppy i repleaced it not so long ago

btw dont think its a gaming rig or something

its just i3 with minimal gpu for hdmi

hope you guys can help

There may be some issue with the motherboard, or at least the PCIe slot. Try using the GPU in another system to find out if it's truly busted. What model PSU did you use for the replacement?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I'd suggest a power supply issue, especially with a new power supply. It doesn't require much diiference, just an instability in the sine wave, or a little difference in the supply voltage. unfortunantly the only way to confirm this is to get into the nitty gritty with a multimeter and actually start measuring the difference between supply and demand voltages as it goes through the motherboard which I suspect is where your problem really lies with an old motherboard.

Much like replacing a motor in a car puts strain on every other component, a computer can react the same.

Thank you all guys for helping

After checking with another gpu the pcie slot not working anymore and because its an old socket one (1155) i decided to buy a new pc thank you all for help

6 minutes ago, yaniv862 said:

Thank you all guys for helping

After checking with another gpu the pcie slot not working anymore and because its an old socket one (1155) i decided to buy a new pc thank you all for help

You could just replace the motherboard and not the whole PC, there's a ton of stuff on eBay

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 hours ago, fasauceome said:

You could just replace the motherboard and not the whole PC, there's a ton of stuff on eBay

belive me its not worth it

this pc have 2nd gen i3 and the case full of rust and some of the ports not working its time has passed

it was just looking for an excuse to replace it

im gonna replace it and move the hard drive from it to the new one