Plex, PIA, and Pfsense outside access

Bmoney

Anyone know how to route a plex server through a PIA VPN through OpenVPN on PFsense machine? I want to access my server remotely and port forwarding is a nightmare I using NL servers which according to the PIA servers are set up for auto forwarding. I really don't wanna modify script to make it work I figure. 

9 minutes ago, Bmoney said:

Anyone know how to route a plex server through a PIA VPN through OpenVPN on PFsense machine? I want to access my server remotely and port forwarding is a nightmare I using NL servers which according to the PIA servers are set up for auto forwarding. I really don't wanna modify script to make it work I figure. 

Is the server hosted locally at your house or something? Or is it a cloud or dedicated hosted server?

4 minutes ago, Bmoney said:

Locally

Honestly I think that putting it through a VPN would just slow it down, there is tons of guides on how to port forward servers on your home router, but which router do you have?

I tried port forwarding and it still say can't connect to the outside network, HP i-5 with pfsense. 

When I setup my Plex server I didn't even have to portforward.

CPU:R9 3900x@4.5Ghz RAM:Vengeance Pro LPX @ 3200mhz MOBO:MSI Tomohawk B350 GPU:PNY GTX 1080 XLR8

DRIVES:500GB Samsung 970 Pro + Patriot Blast 480GB x2 + 12tb RAID10 NAS

MONITORS:Pixio PX329 32inch 1440p 165hz, LG 34UM68-p 1080p 75hz