Razer Phone cycles between not charging and charging when at 100%

Renton577
Go to solution Solved by Guest Generallee,
7 minutes ago, voiha said:

I am with 8.1 too Nokia 7 plus, and I have kinda the same symptoms. 
I guess it's Android fault rather than the hardware itself, sometimes when It's plugged in reaches 100% and after some hours that I left it with the charging cable inside it shows 98%.
There should not be any problem with your hardware, I hope it will be fixed with the Android 9.

Either that or maybe your charging cable wiggles ?

But yours just soudns like standard trickle charging

19 minutes ago, Renton577 said:

So I have a Razer Phone and I have this issue when it's plugged in through the night it will periodically make the charging sound like it was unplugged and then plugged back in but only for a second. The phone stays at 100% and works fine in the morning. I just wanted to see if this was a software bug or at least make sure it's not causing damage. It's running Android 8.1.

Your charger may be defective, trickle charging isnt supposed to make the phone go beep when it reaches 100%

So I have a Razer Phone and I have this issue when it's plugged in through the night it will periodically make the charging sound like it was unplugged and then plugged back in but only for a second. The phone stays at 100% and works fine in the morning. I just wanted to see if this was a software bug or at least make sure it's not causing damage. It's running Android 8.1.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

I guess it's Android fault rather than the hardware itself, sometimes when It's plugged in reaches 100% and after some hours that I left it with the charging cable inside it shows 98%.
There should not be any problem with your hardware, I hope it will be fixed with the Android 9.

7 minutes ago, voiha said:

19 minutes ago, Renton577 said:

Your charger may be defective, trickle charging isnt supposed to make the phone go beep when it reaches 100%

4 minutes ago, Generallee said:

And it doesn't always when it hits 100% it may only happen every 30-40 min maybe when it's staying at 100%. Basically it doesn't happen right when it hits 100%

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

Just now, Renton577 said:

And it doesn't always when it hits 100% it may only happen every 30-40 min maybe when it's staying at 100%.

I know that some iPhone 6s had this problem, in some extreme scenarios they would refuse to charge or charge very slowly. It was traced down to a lithium charging chip inside the phone called a Tristar. This would manifest if users used cheap counterfeit or some car chargers instead of the original charger.

Now i dont know much about Razer phones, but my guess would be either the charger going bad or the battery.

2 minutes ago, Generallee said:

I know that some iPhone 6s had this problem, in some extreme scenarios they would refuse to charge or charge very slowly. It was traced down to a lithium charging chip inside the phone called a Tristar. This would manifest if users used cheap counterfeit or some car chargers instead of the original charger.

Now i dont know much about Razer phones, but my guess would be either the charger going bad or the battery.

I would have to say charger then, the phone isn't even a month old and the battery when off the charger works fine. I'll try plugging it into my laptop to change when I get home. I do know it quick charges as well.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 9:11 AM, Generallee said:

Thanks for the tip about the charger, I got a new one and its working fine now.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------