Snaw
Go to solution Solved by Settlerteo,
4 minutes ago, Snaw said:

Thanks for the answer!

Thank you.
In addition to what i said before i found that:
Source: http://ec.europa.eu/
---------------------------------------------------------

Article 28 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) stipulates free movement of Union goods throughout the European Union (EU).

This principle applies not only to goods made in the Union, but also to imported goods which have been released for free circulation after payment of the import duty to which they are liable.

What is the purpose and scope of the procedure of release for free circulation?

The purpose of the release for free circulation is to fulfil all import formalities so that the goods can be sold on the Union market like any product made in the EU.

Release for free circulation thus confers on non-Union goods the status of Union goods.

Article 201 (2) of Union Customs Code (UCC) clarifies that release for free circulation entails:

• both the collection of import duty and other charges where goods are liable to them according to the Union Customs Tariff and no duty and/or tax relief is applicable
  • and the application of commercial policy measures (such as the presentation of an import license for goods subject to quotas) and any other formalities laid down in respect of the importation of such goods (such as the presentation of a veterinary certificate for certain animals or animal products).

Hi guys. I want to buy this monitor Dell S2716DG because its 1440p 27'' 144hz with G-sync and it has a discount.

My question is with that price, will i pay more taxes when it arrives at the costums in Portugal? yesterday i received a 178$ (151€) keyboard from America and i didn't pay nothing when arrived here, in Portugal.
The monitor, through amazon UK will cost me 532€ (w/shipping) without any taxes and here in Portugal i can buy it from 619€.
I'm just afraid that i'll pay more 100€ when arrives here.

Thanks.

From my experience with ordering overseas, it's hit and miss with customs charges. It seems to be done at random.

Someone feel free to correct me, but from my experiences this seems to be the case.

Maybe it depends on the type/size/weight of item.

Current Build:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 // Mobo: Ryzen AM4 B350 GAMING PLUS ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz // GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 Gaming 8GB // SSD: Kingston A400 120GB // HDD: 3 x WD Blue 1TB // PSUCorsair 650M // Case: Corsair 450D // Monitor: LG Ultrawide 29" IPS

Plex Server:

CPU: AMD FX 8350 Black Edition // Mobo: Gigabyte - GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 Micro ATX // RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 MHz // GPU: GeForce GTX 670 // HDD: Seagate BarraCuda 2TB // PSU: Kolink Core Series 500W 80 Plus Certified // Case: AVP Viper Mini Tower

Other:

PS4 Pro // PS3 // Nintendo Switch (Pokemon edition) // Nintendo 3DS // Xbox 360 // iPhone 8 Plus // Macbook Retina 2013

1 minute ago, Settlerteo said:

No customs within Europe. 

I never had problems with shipping from UK, but this is a 500€ purchase, and i want to be sure that i dont pay any taxes in costumes, otherwise it will be more expensive than buying here 20min from me...

Just now, Snaw said:

I never had problems with shipping from UK, but this is a 500€ purchase, and i want to be sure that i dont pay any taxes in costumes, otherwise it will be more expensive than buying here 20min from me...

i'm from Greece and when something arrives from Europe you don't pay customs so yes. When it's outside Europe then according to your country's law you either pay or not customs.

6 minutes ago, Snaw said:

If you still have doubts, in order to be 200% sure make a call at Portugal's post office and ask them about the customs, but i'm pretty sure they will tell you exactly what i wrote above.

2 minutes ago, Settlerteo said:

If you still have doubts, in order to be 200% sure make a call at Portugal's post office and ask them about the customs, but i'm pretty sure they will tell you exactly what i wrote above.

Thanks for the answer!

4 minutes ago, Snaw said:

Thanks for the answer!

Thank you.
In addition to what i said before i found that:
Source: http://ec.europa.eu/
---------------------------------------------------------

Article 28 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) stipulates free movement of Union goods throughout the European Union (EU).

This principle applies not only to goods made in the Union, but also to imported goods which have been released for free circulation after payment of the import duty to which they are liable.

What is the purpose and scope of the procedure of release for free circulation?

The purpose of the release for free circulation is to fulfil all import formalities so that the goods can be sold on the Union market like any product made in the EU.

Release for free circulation thus confers on non-Union goods the status of Union goods.

Article 201 (2) of Union Customs Code (UCC) clarifies that release for free circulation entails:

• both the collection of import duty and other charges where goods are liable to them according to the Union Customs Tariff and no duty and/or tax relief is applicable
  • and the application of commercial policy measures (such as the presentation of an import license for goods subject to quotas) and any other formalities laid down in respect of the importation of such goods (such as the presentation of a veterinary certificate for certain animals or animal products).