Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X vs R9 290 DirectCU II OC

linus7

which do you think would be better to get ? i saw one review for the tri-x and the temps were at 73(during gameplay) and card had lower noise but would you think the asus one will give better results? 

Where did you find the Asus review ? Can't find any.

VIDEO GAMES                                  Max Power Build Log

Graph from this website http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Sapphire-Radeon-R9-290X-Tri-X-4GB-Graphics-Card-Review/Overclocking-and-Concl

Their OCd performance is nearly the same, and their other features are probably pretty close as well (temps, noise, etc.). I own a 7850 from ASUS and a 7790 from Sapphire. I say they're both good companies that make solid products.

In conclusion: the differences are small and either card is a great choice! ;)

clockspeedsapphire-avg.png

Yep both are great and I don't think you'd regret not getting the other one.

I would go for the Saphire because of the extra fan.

They are both great choices. I would go with the one that you like/matches your build.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I personally bought the Tri-X because the store I buy from said they weren't expecting the ASUS for a while. It's slightly quieter than the ASUS and cools/overclocks just as well so it seemed like a pretty solid choice when I knew they'd go out of stock very quickly. 

sound.png

temp.png

They're both very close though and either would be a good choice. (Yes these are the X versions but it still applies)