Saxaphone Guitar Hero

JimmyG

I am doing a project for school and was wondering if it was possible to register a breath as a button press. To give context I am making a saxophone version of guitar hero and need the breath to register as a strum. Thanks.

Yes, it is. There are devices that can be used for computer input based on exhaling and other breath gestures. You might be interested in this video from ltt.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

37 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Yes, it is. There are devices that can be used for computer input based on exhaling and other breath gestures. You might be interested in this video from ltt.

Are there any cheaper options that you know of?

18 minutes ago, James Evens said:

How would you register a breath/sound? You should come up with at least one way.

What do you mean?

47 minutes ago, James Evens said:

What is a breath? a wave in the air also known as audio. 

How would you record audio?

It would be like a sensor I guess, like it would sense that a breath or breathing is being done and would send a signal to the pc.