Playing game and using PC at same time

Voy

Hello, 

I have a PC with GTX 1060 6GB.

I have monitor and TV plugged into it.

I use PS4 gamepad to play most of my games.

Is it possible to set it in a way that I can play game on TV using gamepad and my girlfriend can use pc on monitor at the same time?

You need to do something like this.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

13 minutes ago, Enderman said:

You need to do something like this.

Yeah unraid is a great option with good cpu and 2 gpus.

I have 1 gpu and i5 so unraid is out of question...

Just thought there is some other option as i can easly play game and watch movie so thought there is a way of playing game with gamepad while she is surfing.

3 minutes ago, teckthekid said:

Just thought there is some other option as i can easly play game and watch movie so thought there is a way of playing game with gamepad while she is surfing.

No there is no easy option because windows can only use one mouse and keyboard at a time.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

41 minutes ago, teckthekid said:

You have two GPUs, you just don't think about it.

Because your CPU comes with a GPU, if we are talking about an i5 3k Series or later...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Best thing to do is to build a second, cheap, small form factor PC and switch you monitor inputs when you're playing on the tv

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Best thing to do is to build a second, cheap, small form factor PC and switch you monitor inputs when you're playing on the tv

That's one option.

Another one is dupster diving and looking for PC.

FOr Surfin the Interwebs, all you want is something that can at least run either Windows 7/AMD64 or an AMD64 Version of Linux.

And those should be thrown out left and right. 

I wouldn't recommend going below DDR-2 SDRAM, DDR-3 SDRAM preferred but with that knowledge, you should be able to find the right thing in the trash...

Core 2, AMD K8/Am2 or whatever...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

If you have an Xbox 360 you can also browse the web with it. 

Netflix is pretty convenient on it with a wired controller. 

Otherwise unraid with you igpu & dgpu and setting 1 vote for your PC only tasks will work fine. Or just buy something for $50~ on eBay.