Anyone got info GTX 800 Series release date?

I'm looking to build a new monster rig...anyone knows the realease date of the new GTX 800 series? I got some info that NVIDIA will be holding their maxwell conference in Las Vegas on Jan 5th...but that's all I know. 

Some time in Q1 hopefully

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

I would predict around February or March based on their previous release dates.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

This community is nice...few minutes and i got lots of replies already.

But Mursu...that is kinda strange. Usually they release the hi-ends first then followed by affordable mid-ends don't they?

Hopefully it's Feb and March though!!! That's lesser the wait!!!

It all depends really.

If it is 28 nm, it may be coming out Q1/Q2, but I have absolutely no interest in ANOTHER 28 nm GPU line.

If it is 22 nm, it will be coming out no earlier than Q3 and most likely Q4.

It all depends really.

If it is 28 nm, it may be coming out Q1/Q2, but I have absolutely no interest in ANOTHER 28 nm GPU line.

Say...if it's 28mm then i suppose the performance won't be so far from the current gen right?

Say...if it's 28mm then i suppose the performance won't be so far from the current gen right?

probably 10-20% like usual

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

It's either going to be a lackluster update early in the year, or a decent update later in the year at the same time as AMD's Pirate Islands.

It all depends really.

It's 20nm not 22 or 28. And no, no more 28nm Kepler GPU's, NVIDIA bid Kepler a litteral farewell with the 780Ti. I've heard that NVIDIA already has samples of 20nm chips, while mass production should be ready in March-April, so they will be available in May if not later and massive shortages are expected. I hope to buy one in the summer when the schoolyear ends, along with a G-Sync monitor so I really like these rumors.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

It's either going to be a lackluster update early in the year, or a decent update later in the year at the same time as AMD's Pirate Islands.

You know, considering everything it's probably gonna be the latter case. But I don't really wanna wait that long...maybe I might get the GTX 780 now, we'll see. But it's just that the GPU of this gen is pointless for me.

It's 20nm not 22 or 28. And no, no more 28nm Kepler GPU's, NVIDIA bid Kepler a litteral farewell with the 780Ti. I've heard that NVIDIA already has samples of 20nm chips, while mass production should be ready in March-April, so they will be available in May if not later and massive shortages are expected. I hope to buy one in the summer when the schoolyear ends, along with a G-Sync monitor so I really like these rumors.

Sorry, my mistake, I keep mixing 22 nm and 20 nm up.

But if you check out some news sources, TSMC stated that due to certain issues, they wont have 20 nm chip fabs ready for consumer quantities until Q3 2014, and that nVidia is low-priority for receiving them anyway. It's going to be Maxwell either way, but 28v20 is the difference between Maxwell being good and it being a turd.

Sorry, my mistake, I keep mixing 22 nm and 20 nm up.

But if you check out some news sources, TSMC stated that due to certain issues, they wont have 20 nm chip fabs ready for consumer quantities until Q3 2014, and that nVidia is low-priority for receiving them anyway. It's going to be Maxwell either way, but 28v20 is the difference between Maxwell being good and it being a turd.

Yeah, but there is no way to advance with 28nm, Kepler is an impasse. If you look at the GK110 chip, you will see why. It's HUGE, and already fully unlocked. Bigger chips wouldn't make sense. Guess we have to wait a while longer then, but there is no way for me to buy a card from the same generation as I have now.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

The 700 series is just out. Already an 800?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Apparently the 800 GTX series is supposed to have a ARM CPU of its own, which will make Maxwell GPUs independent from the main CPU which is expected to improve graphics and better power efficiency

It will also be the first GPU with an ARM CPU

So 28nm may be fine for now it probably better for Nvidia to use 28nm because they already have the 28nm manufactures and will create more availability and better pricing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_800_Series this is the link where I got this info I know it Wikipedia and it not trustworthy all the time but the person who posted it had some good references 

Let me get this straight...so the next release from Nvidia will be 20nm for sure? No more 28nm architecture which is the current gen right?

So you're saying that they will be ready for production march-april...can we at least be certain that it won't arrive February for sure?

Stil...may is a long time to wait...it's almost half a year.

Let me get this straight...so the next release from Nvidia will be 20nm for sure? No more 28nm architecture which is the current gen right?

So you're saying that they will be ready for production march-april...can we at least be certain that it won't arrive February for sure?

Stil...may is a long time to wait...it's almost half a year.

It's all specualtions...until NVIDIA themselves give us official info we can just debate about it and that's just my opinion, not facts.

It's all specualtions...until NVIDIA themselves give us official info we can just debate about it and that's just my opinion, not facts.

I see..but thanks for the speculation anyways. Guess we will know soon after Maxwell Conference on Jan 5th. Anyways, in the past, do they give the release dates out rightaway in their first ever press conference of the year like this one?

The rumor has it, that nVidia will release the GM107 chip in February 2014. This will be a 28nm architecture and will be replacing the current midrange GPUs from nVidia.

The Maxwell chip is anyway related to the Kepler but I think Maxwell will reveal its real potential when the GM204 (highend chip of Maxwell) and its 20nm architexture will be released.

Sites like videocardz.com assume that the GM204 Maxwell will be released late 2014 and this will replace the GTX780 (Ti).

So if you are looking for a highend card you can easily buy the GTX780 Ti, or keep your current card and sit it out, but there is no such word as "Future proof" in computer hardware.

GreetZ Naj

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I see..but thanks for the speculation anyways. Guess we will know soon after Maxwell Conference on Jan 5th. Anyways, in the past, do they give the release dates out rightaway in their first ever press conference of the year like this one?

Actually no, as far as I remember GTX780 was announced like 2 weeks before launch :D.

• 1 month later...

Hi there! Nvidia’s "Maxwell" (GTX 800) Confirmed For Q1 Of 2014.  :D

The only question I have is: would it be with PCI 4.0, which has already been announced?