Please help trying to switch gpus

MythicalToes

I'm trying to switch to a gtx 1060 from 750 to which power connector should I disconnect I'm a PC noob all answers are appreciated

IMG-20180915-WA0013.jpg

uh... take the 750Ti out, disconnect anything thats connected to it, put the 1060 where you took the 750Ti out of, plug a 6-pin into the 1060.

that said.. this thing looks like it could use a propper dusting session before receiving its new hardware..

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

uh... take the 750Ti out, disconnect anything thats connected to it, put the 1060 where you took the 750Ti out of, plug a 6-pin into the 1060.

that said.. this thing looks like it could use a propper dusting session before receiving its new hardware..

Thanks can I ask you one more question is this the right power connector for the 1060 really appreciate the help

IMG-20180915-WA0014.jpg

Just now, MythicalToes said:

Thanks can I ask you one more question is this the right power connector for the 1060 really appreciate the help

that's a 6+2 pin, given that your 1060 (most likely) has a 6-pin plug, you leave the two extra pins hanging loose, and you plug in the 6 pins into the GPU, after having plugged the 1060 into the approprite slot on the mobo, and having it bolted down.

that said, repeating myself, please give that pc a propper dusting session before you slot in your new card.. :P