[Extreme frustration] Choosing a Pixel 2 XL screen protector

LukeLinusFanFic

Hey guys

I've had the Pixel 2 XL for a while now, (love this phone, seriously), but the problem of it, and I guess any other modern curved glass phone is the fragility of the screen.

I always use thicc glass protectors, the first one i had was pretty narrow and didn't cover the edges (by amfilm) and I had one by heroshield that was great but eventually broke, and was discontinued. 

It's really important for me to have a good glass protector, so I want to ask you guys for recommendations, tell me what you have and how it stands the test of time.

Thanks!

P.S. Is the 40$+ screen protectors worth it? It's an amount I wouldn't want to spend, but if it won't crack after a few days like the cheap-o ones, I'd definitely consider it.

P.P.S If you tell me "just buy an iPhone", I will personally ask Linus to shame you in his next video.

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke

Just buy an ePhone!

Expensive screen protectors are not really worth it from what I have experienced. Most of time that price is due to crazy marketing, not special features.

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I never used a screen protector at all. Neither tempered glas, nor even just a foil.

I have never had 1 single Scratch, not even a little one.

In my opinion, screen protectors are a complete waste. You don't have gorilla glas for nothing, that's more than enough.

Don't drop it, don't scratch it over your keys like you're insane, and nothing will ever happen.

* using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge since pre-release (5th March 2016) every single Day. I always put it into my jacket or pants-pocket, no special bag or anything. Just a somewhat slim case. Nothing on the Screen.

1 hour ago, beavo451 said:

Look at Whitestone Dome. Probably *the* glass screen protector for any curved screen. 

I second this, if you want a screen protector that covers a curved screen this is the one to get, sure it might be a little more expensive than a normal one but to have the curved side protected makes up for the higher price imo.

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

I never used a screen protector at all. Neither tempered glas, nor even just a foil.

In my opinion, screen protectors are a complete waste. You don't have gorilla glas for nothing, that's more than enough.

Don't drop it, don't scratch it over your keys like you're insane, and nothing will ever happen.

* using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge since pre-release (5th March 2016) every single Day. I always put it into my jacket or pants-pocket, no special bag or anything. Just a somewhat slim case. Nothing on the Screen.

Lol. Don't drop it. Sometimes life happens.

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

Both of my two newest phones had gorilla glass, and both got small scratches from daily use within 2 weeks somehow. Neither of them had been dropped either. Now that I have a good case and screen protector, I don't have to worry about anything!

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Fair enough^^ Just writing my own experience there :P

i've even read somewhere, somebody had a screen protector, and it dropped.

Screen protector didn't had a single scratch, but the Displayglas underneath it got cracked xD Talk about Luck haha

On 9/14/2018 at 10:47 PM, Darkseth said:

That's what I thought when I had the iPhone 4 and the Nexus, but I reaaaally don't wanna risk it. You are probably American or European, so fixing the phone isn't a big deal. In my country (Israel) no one has ever heard of this phone. If it breaks, I can either live with it, or try to understand how to repair it on my own. 

I appreciate what you're saying, and you might be right, but I really don't want to risk it. 

I once gave Luke and Linus pizza.

Proud member of the ITX club.

**SCRAPYARD WARS!!!!**

#BringBackLuke