Arduino Code required for 8x8x8 LED Cube

I'm building a 8x8x8 LED cube using Arduino Uno but I don't know anything about coding. Can someone please help me with this?

I found some codes online but there are a few issues with those codes. They won't compile well.

I don't think these codes were written to my particular specifications.

I'm using 9 74HC595 Shift Registers and Arduino uno to control the LED's.

I'm attaching the codes that I found online and the schematics of the cube I'm building. Can someone please modify these codes are per my requirement?

I'd really appreciate it.

Also if someone has other codes i can use that'd be really helpful too.

Parts used:-

1:LEDs x 512

2: 21 AWG copper wire

3: Wires

4: PN2222 transistors x 16

5: 220 ohm resistors x 64

6: 74HC595 shift registers x 9

7: Arduino Uno

The circuit diagram is attached below.

circuit.PDF

Arduino_TheLazyMastermind.ino

Arduino_TheLazyMastermind.txt

All effects.ino.txt

Just going to let you know, no one is going to write your homework program for you. 

Perhaps you could build your Arduino matrix to their specifications?

Otherwise some Calculus could help you figure out how to get it to work. 

The whole point of an arduino is to learn how to code/program and how to do some basic electrical engineering/hardware kind of stuff. I doubt you will find anyone (even outside of this forum) willing to write your stuff for you. You will definitely find people here (and other places) willing to explain specific concepts and programming stuff to you though, once you show that you have used available resources to try to learn it yourself and you are stuck and need help with a specific thing.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

Well, to be honest this looks like homework.

Instead of giving you the code so you can use it, i would like to encourage you to learn about coding. Arduino is really fun and useful, you should not waste the oportunity to experience such enjoyment by using someone else code

This semester im doing a wireless mini car with proximity sensors with arduino, and although i didnt like the electric part in the beginning (im more a code guy) im feeling more enriched right now because i did it.

Theres people in my neighbour class doing exactly the same proyect as you, if they can then you can too.

Also, dont take this the wrong way. Im telling you this because its for your own good. ?

21 minutes ago, fpo said:

Just going to let you know, no one is going to write your homework program for you. 

Perhaps you could build your Arduino matrix to their specifications?

Otherwise some Calculus could help you figure out how to get it to work. 

Not my homework. This is just a gift I'm building for someone.

13 minutes ago, Arenero14 said:

Well, to be honest this looks like homework.

Instead of giving you the code so you can use it, i would like to encourage you to learn about coding. Arduino is really fun and useful, you should not waste the oportunity to experience such enjoyment by using someone else code

This semester im doing a wireless mini car with proximity sensors with arduino, and although i didnt like the electric part in the beginning (im more a code guy) im feeling more enriched right now because i did it.

Theres people in my neighbour class doing exactly the same proyect as you, if they can then you can too.

Also, dont take this the wrong way. Im telling you this because its for your own good. ?

Not my homework. Just a gift for a friend.

and if your friends are doing this project maybe you can ask them for the code. You know, help a fellow out. :D

15 minutes ago, BlackSword said:

Not my homework. This is just a gift I'm building for someone.

You can say it but we can't know. 

I gave you some solutions. If perhaps you told us how you tried YOUR solution & had some questions, we could provide some theory to help you figure out how to solve your problem.