Old fujistu 775 mobo cpu cooler replacement

YoungWheels
Go to solution Solved by EnergyEclipse,
20 minutes ago, YoungWheels said:

41148411_562470107544882_8752695676216803328_n.png

Ah I found a picture of the motherboard as well as the one you provided, I am most certain that you won't be able to fit any aftermarket CPU coolers onto it because of the socket mounting being completely proprietary - meaning that the mounting holes on that motherboard are designed only for the cooler that came with your computer. 

From what I am observing the motherboard is mounted onto a metal tray inside the computer's case, and when the cooler that came with the computer originally is put on, it screws down into that metal tray. If you weren't having any of issues with your older CPU cooler - then just leave it how it was and reinstall the original cooler.

Also, there is a fan right next to were the CPU's heatsink sits so that is probably responsible for cooling the CPU/heatsink.

I hope this helps!

Hello guys i recently bought a gammax 200t for my q6600 because my stock cooler is just a heatsink(fujistu pc).I removed my cpu "cooler" to install the gammax 200t and then I saw that the mounting holes are shaped like a rectangle and i can t install the gammax what should i do ? sorry for my english

3 minutes ago, YoungWheels said:

Hello guys i recently bought a gammax 200t for my q6600 because my stock cooler is just a heatsink(fujistu pc).I removed my cpu "cooler" to install the gammax 200t and then I saw that the mounting holes are shaped like a rectangle and i can t install the gammax what should i do ? sorry for my english

Hello!

No worries about your English its fine :D Can you please provide a model number for your motherboard or just your PC's model number?

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Just now, EnergyEclipse said:

Hello!

No worries about your English its fine :D Can you please provide a model number for your motherboard or just your PC's model number?

20 minutes ago, YoungWheels said:

Ah I found a picture of the motherboard as well as the one you provided, I am most certain that you won't be able to fit any aftermarket CPU coolers onto it because of the socket mounting being completely proprietary - meaning that the mounting holes on that motherboard are designed only for the cooler that came with your computer. 

From what I am observing the motherboard is mounted onto a metal tray inside the computer's case, and when the cooler that came with the computer originally is put on, it screws down into that metal tray. If you weren't having any of issues with your older CPU cooler - then just leave it how it was and reinstall the original cooler.

Also, there is a fan right next to were the CPU's heatsink sits so that is probably responsible for cooling the CPU/heatsink.

I hope this helps!

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

I hope this helps!

Thank you.I will upgrade my cpu soon(e7500) to a q6600 and I thought that it wouldn t handle the q6600 and that s why i wanted to upgrade my cpu cooler.