A game to test cpu and gpu

Yugen

I'm kinda lazy to do stress tests especially since I won't be able to use my computer for a couple hours and looking up, wasn't really necessary since I won't be overclocking, so instead, what are some good games that I could play to kind of break in my rig especially both for my cpu, gpu and airflow?

Reconciling Physics and Poetry

1 minute ago, jrsaninipot said:

I'm kinda lazy to do stress tests especially since I won't be able to use my computer for a couple hours and looking up, wasn't really necessary since I won't be overclocking, so what are some good games that I could play to kind of break in my rig especially both for my cpu, gpu and airflow?

That depends on what you call a good game...

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

4 minutes ago, jrsaninipot said:

I'm kinda lazy to do stress tests especially since I won't be able to use my computer for a couple hours and looking up, wasn't really necessary since I won't be overclocking, so what are some good games that I could play to kind of break in my rig especially both for my cpu, gpu and airflow?

World of warcraft is leans towards cpu usage so u can do that.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

4 hours ago, jrsaninipot said:

I'm kinda lazy to do stress tests especially since I won't be able to use my computer for a couple hours and looking up, wasn't really necessary since I won't be overclocking, so instead, what are some good games that I could play to kind of break in my rig especially both for my cpu, gpu and airflow?

Are you looking for games with built in benchmarks that you can use to test your rig and get a result at the end?

If so,
Metro 2033
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
GTA V

Also artificial benchmarks like Timespy, Heaven, and Superposition.

If you're just looking for an intensive game that you can play to take advantage of your new hardware, then Battlefield V open beta is free and is extremely demanding at ultra settings.

What system do you have that you are wanting to test?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

there is no break in that you need to do with any PC, if it runs and doesnt overheat thats it it works and you will realize this automatically once you play any of the games you play regularly.

41 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Are you looking for games with built in benchmarks that you can use to test your rig and get a result at the end?

If so,
Metro 2033
Deus Ex Mankind Divided
GTA V

Also artificial benchmarks like Timespy, Heaven, and Superposition.

If you're just looking for an intensive game that you can play to take advantage of your new hardware, then Battlefield V open beta is free and is extremely demanding at ultra settings.

What system do you have that you are wanting to test?

Not really that glorious lol but: ryzen 5 2600, rx 580, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd and 2tb hdd powered by 550w psu. I'm thinking of playing nier automata, do you think it's good?

16 minutes ago, Pixel5 said:

there is no break in that you need to do with any PC, if it runs and doesnt overheat thats it it works and you will realize this automatically once you play any of the games you play regularly.

I'm hitting gpu temp of 85 deg C when playing overwatch, do you think it's normal?  I have Rx 580 btw

4 minutes ago, jrsaninipot said:

Not really that glorious lol but: ryzen 5 2600, rx 580, 8gb ram, 250gb ssd and 2tb hdd powered by 550w psu. I'm thinking of playing nier automata, do you think it's good?

That's a pretty good system.
Havne't played Nier Automata, but I have seen clips of it and it does look like quite a pretty - and graphically intensive - game.

3 minutes ago, jrsaninipot said:

I'm hitting gpu temp of 85 deg C when playing overwatch, do you think it's normal?  I have Rx 580 btw

Depends on your settings. If you're using a 60hz monitor, try enabling vsync or fps cap. No point running it hard at 200FPS if you can only see 60 of them.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

12 minutes ago, jrsaninipot said:

It's not. It's rather hot. How's HPU fan speed set up and what is airflow config in case? As for testing, run Asus RealBench. It takes maybe 30mins.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

37 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

It's not. It's rather hot. How's HPU fan speed set up and what is airflow config in case? As for testing, run Asus RealBench. It takes maybe 30mins.

I haven't changed anything in the fan set up yet so it's in default I guess. It's in a matx case with 2 front intake fans, 1 exhaust fan at the back and  1 top fan exhaust. 

50 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That's a pretty good system.
Havne't played Nier Automata, but I have seen clips of it and it does look like quite a pretty - and graphically intensive - game.

Depends on your settings. If you're using a 60hz monitor, try enabling vsync or fps cap. No point running it hard at 200FPS if you can only see 60 of them.

I'm using a 75hz monitor, I'll try your suggestion later. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, jrsaninipot said:

I haven't changed anything in the fan set up yet so it's in default I guess. It's in a matx case with 2 front intake fans, 1 exhaust fan at the back and  1 top fan exhaust. 

Could you maybe check out some graphs to see how fans are working? For GPU you can use MSI Afterburner. Also, make sure to use latest drivers. They can sometimes cause issues with fans.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

6 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Could you maybe check out some graphs to see how fans are working? For GPU you can use MSI Afterburner. Also, make sure to use latest drivers. They can sometimes cause issues with fans.

It's fine now, I just adjusted the frame rate cap and I'm now just hitting 79 deg C as the highest. Thanks!!!