Tech Bag Recommendations (Bag and Contents)

pyromike25

After working as a tech professional for a nonprofit organization for nearly 9 years I’m tired of using makeshift bags for my daily laptop and tool bag. So, I’m looking for bag recommendations (I prefer backpack not satchel style). Along with that I’m looking for recommendations as to what to stock it with. What kinds of things do you all recommend every tech guy carry in his bag?

Thanks in advance!

I believe each persons idea on this will be different, depending on what they usuall need to have with them.

My question to you would be, working as a tech professional for 9 years, what items do you regularly use that should go in your bag, aswell as what items do you find yourself without when you need them ? 

Myself for an example, always find myself Lacking a USB drive when i need one. 

39 minutes ago, pyromike25 said:

snip

my daily driver backpack is a black UA storm hustle 2. I've had it for 3.5 years at university and its held up under daily use really well. I also have a UA dufflebag and its been great under heavy use (no tears or broken zippers etc) 

they are 'obsolete' now and the closest to it would be the hustle 3. 

https://www.underarmour.com/en-ca/ua-hustle-3-0-backpack/pid1294720-414

As for tech things to carry, I carry my laptop, charger a wireless mouse and a 20,000 Mah battery in a small pencil case bag with cords. 

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

I love my bags almost as much as I love my computers.

The backpack I love more than any other in the world is this one right here. It is cheap and really great. It has all of the right clipping points and places to put things. It is not waterproof but you can get a spray to compensate for that. It is comfortable on the back and has a big spacious pouch for lots of things. It also does not skip on smaller pockets for smaller loose items. The one thing this pack does not do well is a place for a water bottle which I normally just kept to one side in the main pouch. This bag has a large pouch for the laptop that sits right behind your back so you don't feel anything lumpy from your bag. If you don't like this one Kaukko makes lots of other great bags.

As for tech to go inside, it was mentioned earlier that it's really up to you and what you know you need. For me my standard is as follows:

• Macbook Air
  • Laptop charger
  • Mini DP to VGA
  • Mini DP to HDMI
  • Portable USB spinning HDD
  • Phone
  • Phone charger
  • Battery bank and cable for phone
  • Flashlight
  • 'Snap on' brand multi bit screw driver (Linus' personal favorite)
  • A pair of back up ear pods wrapped up in a plastic container so they don't get tangled up
  • I have Sony XB950B1 because they are super comfy, sound great, and are cheap
  • Extra cables in case my friends need one (lightning, USB C) or you can get something like this
  • Bluetooth mouse / wired mouse ( you never know when you need to sit down and get some real work done)

I don't carry, but you might want to carry a 'star' bit screw driver set for those pesky small screws or carry something like an iFixit Pro Tech Toolkit. USB drives live on my key chain. I have Hiren's boot on one of my USBs so that is like a Swiss Army Knife for computers. I also loaded some Linux distros on there for diagnostics (Ubuntu and Lubuntu). Sometimes I have my point and shoot camera.

As for non-tech stuff:

• Pens
  • Paper / note pad
  • A folder to keep loose papers
  • Wallet
  • Aspirin
  • Gum
  • Breath mints
  • Chapstick
  • Deodorant
  • Water bottle
  • Tissues
  • Comb
  • Sunglasses
  • Bottle opener
  • Chopsticks (they come in handy, believe me)
  • Hand sanitizer

I am very passionate about bags and the tech / daily carry that goes in them no matter how weird that sounds.

I hope this helped. I'm actually interested in how it goes so please let me know.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018