Streaming a desktop to a Laptop

Good day to you all!

I come to you with an interesting dilemma (in my eyes, might be very basic for seasoned tech veterans!)

I built a "scrapyard wars" style pc. However find myself in the position where i have to share a monitor with other household users.

I'm also in possession of a inspiron laptop. So my plan is to make it so i can use the hardware of the desktop in a cloud like fashion,

so i can utilize it while on the other side of the house, on my Inspiron laptop. I know some services exist to help out, like via the steam

engine. Unfortunately I don't use steam at all, i primarily use battle-net and I've heard that their games seem to not co-operate with

cloud gaming software. 

As much as you could say "buy a cheap monitor" and be perfectly correct (that would be the path of least resistance). I'm up for the challenge

and would like to try doing this as a cool little project to bang my head against for the following months.

TLDR: Could i get some advice or pointers for me to be able to cloud/home server access my desktop to use its

performance on a laptop elsewhere on the same network.

Many thanks, and long life to all tech fanatics, one day we will rule the world !

Capture card if you are in the same room else something like teamviewer or remote desktop and enabling wake on lan would make it possible to even boot your pc from your laptop

TightProject might do the trick.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you gonna have plenty of time banging your head against this project because the chance of it working in a useable way is near zero, especially when that laptop is too old and doesnt have a built in hardware decoder for video streams which would be the only way to even remotely get low enough latency for round based games.