How smart is Linus?

Yugen
35 minutes ago, Motifator said:

I wouldn't bring him down that much, he can probably come up with a decent system worth a grand and do it better than a good amount of people on here.

44 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

not enough to put together a decent $1000 system and not as much as the comunity

Is this because he deals more in the highest end tech? Unlike a Paul's Hardware who often makes more 'budget orientated' builds for the community?

EDIT: I'd put Paul Heimlich up there as one of the most knowledgeable in the game as well.

Personally I think Stephen Burke of GamersNexus is smarter overall. 

Reconciling Physics and Poetry

3 minutes ago, jrsaninipot said:

Personally I think Stephen Burke of GamersNexus is smarter overall. 

You're not wrong

On 9/5/2018 at 3:48 AM, AluminiumTech said:

Yeah but no offence to linus he's more street smart than book smart. It's obvious from his videos imho.

I'd argue about that... I don't think he's book or street smart.

Is he smart? Well let me put it this way, everyone is smart in their own way. (no insult intended, there is plenty of cancer in this topic already)

Think of it, LTT initially piggybacked off of NCIX, Linus took what he learned from NCIX and made things better. A street smart person wouldn't have needed to do the initial piggybacking ;), sure he took it and flourished, but that said making anything look better than NCIX wasn't going to be hard. He's a great businessman but beyond that next to what he is forced to learn (usually for videos) he requires his employees to know everything.

Throw him back into the wild, the world would likely eat him alive in the tech industry. Basically I wouldn't hire him as a tech representative who has to know everything possible to make a sale, I would hire him to entertain and sell products, but that doesn't really need much knowledge :P