What is your favorite keyboard switches?

I was actually considering the new Roccat Titan switches since i really like their design for the upcoming Vulcan Line.

Otherwise iam inseperable from my IBM Model M's Buckling Springs to this day. Got a Board that was assembled 3 Days before i was born xD

The Model M is quite pricey these days though... and other Options have come a long way in recent years.

3 hours ago, InMiseryWeSeekPancakes said:

Great scott...

Have you ever tried mechanical 

I tried out a mechanical keyboard, i just can't stand it. A single button press louder than heavy mouse clicking? No thanks. Actually it'd be perfect if there was a new kind of keyboard even more silent than membrane ones. 

For the whole actuation point thing in gaming, i actually like to do it totally differently. With a membrane keyboard you don't have to totally rise the key to be able to register the keystroke again as i read in some misinformed topics; most of the time when using wasd movement i actually have the key already halfway down, and just very slightly contract finger's muscle to get the keystroke register, and very slightly lift and contract again if i want to get it registered repeatedly quickly, always staying around 50% of the way down with the key; i just found the perfect balance of the key upwards force contrasting my finger weight force, letting my fingers stay at the exact height i need. Not sure if this stands only for my very current membrane keyboard though after years i got used to it. For typing of course i just normally fully lift the keys.

The point is yeah, everyone enjoys the fact mechanical keyboards can register your keystroke early, but i actually prefer having the keystroke registered at the very bottom of the press (like 60% pressed or more); and this last statement stands for typing as well.

The only alternative to membrane i would actually take into account is that "analog" keyboard in which you can customize the actuation pressure for your personal preferences. For that i can pass over the clicky clicky clickyness of the keyboard; so bad it costs WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much O.o

2 hours ago, VK707 said:

Otherwise iam inseperable from my IBM Model M's Buckling Springs to this day. Got a Board that was assembled 3 Days before i was born xD

The Model M is quite pricey these days though... and other Options have come a long way in recent years.

I sadly, and this is absolutely undeniably unforgiving so please pardon me, but my favorite switch despite its price and the backlash I may get for it is the IBM Beam spring hands down. I honestly can't think of another switch besides the capacitive buckling spring switches manufactured by IBM. There extremely expensive though and extraordinary hard to find. I got mine for a fraction of the cost what you would get it now which would be *ahem* $2600 dollars...

I actually like the Alps SKCM Blues better than the capacitive buckling springs ( not regular )  ( i need to update my list ) 

but they don't sound as good so there not better :P

Now that is subjective, the fact of the matter is the IBM Beamspring switches have extremely good build quality and longevity is exceptional. The keyboards are literally iron ( not light sadly that's not really an issue at least for me ) and the switches? An extremely switch smoothness seriously im not insanley smooth and its not even lubed it a very delicate exquisitely poised touch. Its delicious although it doesn't have as good sound as Blue Alps it still really, really good.

My current code projects

--------------------------------

• C#/OpenGL ( using OpenTK graphics library API ) KnightsRealm ( unfinished, WIP plan on releasing on steam maybe a mobile port idk ) 2d topdown pixel art based game with medieval themes, sorcery, dragons, open world
  • C++ crypter ( if your into cryptography, I plan on releasing this on my website later :P
  • C#/OpenGL ( OpenGL for UI ) fan/light controller for my room w/ raspberry pi and some mechanical motors and stuff :D

Current repair projects

------------------------------

• My dreadful receiver ( a capacitor blew ) 
  • working on a PC from a client, CPU died within the system, seems like a short, replaced CPU and awaiting payment before I ship it back 
  • my old 1tb sas drive for my NAS, some blemishes or something on the PCB need to clear that back out, if it doesn't work i'll need to scrap it ( already backed up all my stuff thankfully )

If you want any software made, or stuff to be repaired give me an email! 
    mike.fernandez5138699@gmail.com

I love the Cherry MX Blue switch, the sound and the crisp feeling are what does it for me. I can't stand anything that is too mushy feeling even if it has better actuation, the reassuring clicks are what I live for!

Tealios 67g

Zealio 65g

I have a cue light I can use to show you when I’m joking, if you like.

Cherry MX Browns for me. They're not nearly as annoyingly clicky as Blues, but not as mushy (IMO) as reds and still gives that satisfying tactile bump on every keystroke.

Browns probably, got a model m somewhere can't bring myself to throw it out though. 

oh and some random microsoft membrane thing from the mid 90's, thing was fucking solid to type on. 

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige