Monitor Broken? weird green tint

kaddle

my monitor is the Acer S230HL. i got it roughly 5 years ago. it's been great. i never caused any sort of physical harm to it. when i came home earlier i noticed there was a green tint towards the right side of my monitor. it was completely fine before i left. when i screenshot my page the problem doesn't show up, so it's local to how i view the monitor. the problem also persists when the cable from the monitor to the GPU is unplugged, so it's completely a problem with the monitor. what's going on?

anyone got any idea what might be going on here?

when i turned on my pc and monitor today my monitor turned a weird purple color for like a minute before it went back to normal with the green tint. this hasn't happened before. anyone want to say something?

I'd say either the GPU or the monitor is dying. Since you  mention the problem persists with the GPU disconnected, it's probably the monitor.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

Yeah, I would say it is time to start looking at buying a new monitor. Sounds like there is a problem in the wiring in the screen going bad to that area.

You could try adjusting the tint in the monitor's settings or in your computer's graphics settings, but that's more of a temporary solution.

• 5 months later...

lol you guys are not going to believe this. about a few minutes ago the green tint started blinking. it was flashing away quickly and coming back. over time it started to disappear for longer and longer periods of time. now it's almost completely gone lmao. there is a weird green line at the top right of the monitor but it's not really intrusive. there is a slight green tint towards the same side of the screen but i can only see it with my phone camera and even then it's barely perceptible. after all of these months i can finally see my entire monitor properly again.

this makes the original issue even more confusing, but whatever.