Airflow+Aoi vs Aircooler question

Zik

First of all my specs:

Fractal Design Meshify C

I7 8700k stock (i will overclock it soon)

Asus Rog Strix Gtx 1080

2x 8 GB G.Skill Trident Z Rgb 3000 mhz

Asrock z370 Extreme 4

Stock Fractal Design Meshify C case fans (2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 120mm fans; one rear, one front)

Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi RGB

While I play games like AC Origins, GTA 5 or TW3, the average CPU temperature is 65C and the GPU is 62C. Sometimes the cpu temp fluctuates (goes till 70C and down till 62C).

Ambient temp: 24C

I want to reduce the CPU temp to under 60°C, maybe high 50s. So I have couple of questions:

a) I have the Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi RGB CPU Cooler. Would you replace your air cooler with an aoi cooler?

a1) If yes: Since I have the FD Meshify C case and Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080, a 240mm radiator would not fit in the front of the case. Would you then get a 140mm radiator like NZXT Kraken x42 and place it in front of the case (top) and a 140mm fan front (bottom, under kraken x42)? How would that affect the airflow? 

or

b) Should I stay with my air cooling and buy 2x 140mm case fans (front) and one 120mm (rear)?

c) Which case fans do you recommend? I need 1 120mm and 2 140mm (if a = yes then one radiator fan, because I read that the nzxt fan is loud, but idk)

Your temps are already very low and there's no point in aiming for lower. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Yep, that's already good temperature for "hot as coffee spilled on pants" Coffee Lake.

Cryorig H7 Quad is really good cooler, so temps might well be caused also by Intel's use of toothpaste under badly mounted heatspreader.

(Intel likes milking consumers with substandard work for high end price)

In which case even bigger AIOs wouldn't help that much.

Cheap compact/slim radiator AIOs aren't even really better in cooling per noise than good heatpipe coolers.

But adding case fan (another intake) or two (intake+exhaust) could shave some degrees.

That graphics card simply pees on case cooling dumping its heat into case to warm up CPU, so you should make sure there's good case airflow.

If it were reference design card then its heat load on case cooling would be miniscule and it would actually help to maintain organized airflow through case.

Alright. Thank you for your answer! I will just buy 2x 140mm  and 1x 120mm case fans. Do you maybe know quiet and nice fans?

13 minutes ago, Zik said:

Alright. Thank you for your answer! I will just buy 2x 140mm  and 1x 120mm case fans. Do you maybe know quiet and nice fans?

Which components in your system are currently too noisy? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

18 minutes ago, Zik said:

I would add only one intake fan and second exhaust fan to top rear position.

Adding second fan to top closer to front can start drawing out air straight from intake, without that airflow really cooling anything.

Though depending on how good stock fans are, changing those could improve airflow some.

3 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Which components in your system are currently too noisy? Have you tried lowering fan speeds?

I checked the settings again in the BIOS. My 3-pin fans "ran" in PWM mode and not in DC mode. They are now quiet and the tempartures in idle have risen (lower 40 Celsius range), but that is not the problem. The Load temps are still the same.

2 hours ago, EsaT said:

I would add only one intake fan and second exhaust fan to top rear position.

Adding second fan to top closer to front can start drawing out air straight from intake, without that airflow really cooling anything.

Though depending on how good stock fans are, changing those could improve airflow some.

However, I will get 2 140mm intake fans. I will add the 120mm intake fan to top rear position and check the temperatures. 

My fan setup will look like this:

2bf58a0f13fa84b7eb0058c9f28fb21c.png.70d1f193cda4ebd43a0a700af8e0eb2f.png

Thank you for your answers guys. It helped me!

2 hours ago, Zik said:

but that is not the problem. The Load temps are still the same.

There's no problem with your load temps though -- they're pretty good already. Swapping out or adding fans wouldn't make much of a difference.