Windows 10 installation on to SSD

Austin Trajkovski

Hi, I have recently built a new computer running a i7 8086, Asus rog GTX 1060, 480 GB ssd, wd black 1tb, 1200w power supply for new 20 series cards coming and Asus Atrix z370 E motherboard, I have had problems installing windows do I have to install windows on to both drives or am I just stupid.

Should install on the SSD no problem. What's the problem?

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

U just install it to one drive, preferably the faster reading one.

What problem are u facing right now?

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

You need to create a bootable Windows 10 installer (use another PC and run Mediacreationtool from Microsoft's website), then boot from it and install to the SSD. Then make sure your SSD is the first boot priority and you're set.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

12 minutes ago, Austin Trajkovski said:

Hi, I have recently built a new computer running a i7 8086, Asus rog GTX 1060, 480 GB ssd, wd black 1tb, 1200w power supply for new 20 series cards coming and Asus Atrix z370 E motherboard, I have had problems installing windows do I have to install windows on to both drives or am I just stupid.

There is a tool from Microsoft that lets you use create the install media. Grab an 8gb or larger flashdrive and follow the process on a working computer (it will take a less less time on an ssd based computer in mt experience) and let it run. Then boot your computer off of the flashdrive and let it start the installation process. Once you go through he screens, it will start installing (on a fast enough system about 20-30 min) and windows will be done installing at that point and you can set up whatever else you want to use.

Just now, cflanders said:

There is a tool from Microsoft that lets you use create the install media. Grab an 8gb or larger flashdrive and follow the process on a working computer (it will take a less less time on an ssd based computer in mt experience) and let it run. Then boot your computer off of the flashdrive and let it start the installation process. Once you go through he screens, it will start installing (on a fast enough system about 20-30 min) and windows will be done installing at that point and you can set up whatever else you want to use.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

45 minutes ago, Austin Trajkovski said:

Only install on on one, I would recommend you install it on the SSD.

If you struggle with which one is the ssd and which is the hdd during the install process of the windows.

Then what you can do is only connect ssd to you pc.

Install windows then connect the second drive after the install process has been finished.