Hate Win 10 photo import, Alternatives??

I've been reading online, that Microsoft in their infinite wisdom decided to remove the traditional photo import utility in Windows 10, in favor of using the new built in photo's app.  I would very much like to go back to the Win 7 version of the import utility.  It was so simple, and did everything automatically, including deleting pics from SD card after import.  Photos app doesn't do that automatically.  

Appreciate any ideas. 

Just cut and paste?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You could try grabbing an old version of Picasa.

Thanks for the suggestions.  I guess Picasa could be a possibility.  Does Windows 10 recognize it as a program to import photos, that will come up in AutoPlay?  The import utility in Win7 was beautifully simplistic.  All you had to do was insert the SD card, and it would automatically import and delete the photos from the card.  I'm hoping the WinAero boys can work some magic and include some kind of workaround.  

Windows 7 Ultimate is the Microsoft Masterpiece.

Anything above it was just a bad made copy memory-hungry and bad looking/performance.

Windows 7 Ultimate = Simple, Complete, Super fast, Safe.
Any other above = Difficult, Incomplete, Super slow or fast consuming your Hardware, Not safe at all due to popularity.

27 minutes ago, Arch-Vampire said:

Windows 7 Ultimate is the Microsoft Masterpiece.

Anything above it was just a bad made copy memory-hungry and bad looking/performance.

Windows 7 Ultimate = Simple, Complete, Super fast, Safe.
Any other above = Difficult, Incomplete, Super slow or fast consuming your Hardware, Not safe at all due to popularity.

Oh believe me, if certain programs I use didn't require 10, I'd dump it in a heartbeat.  Or just go to Linux, but that's a pipe dream :(

2 minutes ago, DaveImagery said:

Oh believe me, if certain programs I use didn't require 10, I'd dump it in a heartbeat.  Or just go to Linux, but that's a pipe dream :(

Can I know which programs are these? maybe we can find a alternative or a way to make it  work.

I can edit in viewer app I use instead of default. But the main reason of this post is recommendation about checking out DigiKam. It's photo manager software, like open source alternative to Ligthroom. So far best free software I've found which suites for former Picasa user. It's bit overwhelming at first, but documentation is very easy to read.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thank you.  I'm not looking for a editor so much, but simply a fast way to import lots of photos at a time.  On my Win7 machine, I would import several hundred photos at a time to a designated folder, for editing or sharing later.  It was completely automated, I literally only had to insert the SD card, wait a few seconds for the transfer, and be on my way.  Not sure what the hell Microsoft was thinking by removing that functionality.