Multiplayer Games

Crunchy Dragon
21 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

@fpoare you sure gears trilogy is on windows store? When did that happen? 

How under the radar did that fly? 

It was basically DOA. 

Spoiler

image.png.8b73dc7cf842032307d09db2c88a4178.png

I think this is just the first one though.. I could have swore they had the originals as well as the remastered trilogy... Gears of War 4 basically has all the same stuff I'm sure if you want to play hoard or campaign. That is on the windows store too. 

team fortress isn't for casual gaming unless you wanna hear a bunch of fat 40yr old dudes screaming on the voice chat for 20 minutes because you're level 3 and they're over 9000 (sickest guys even play it 24/7). it used to be good tho, before it was f2p...

overwatch is the same but you gotta pay like $50 for it, total crap I got it for free with a nvidia graphics card and uninstalled it in 5 mins

r6s is the same cancer as csgo so I'd avoid it

left 4 dead 2 is a nice coop, dying light too, portal 2

a special mention for sniper elite V2 which has a coop mode where one player has to be the sniper and another find targets and positions to win the missions

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

6 minutes ago, aezakmi said:

-snip-

Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely in consideration.

We don't want to go all-out right out of the gate, so might be sticking with a couple cheaper games for the time being.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

6 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Left 4 Dead 2 is definitely in consideration.

We don't want to go all-out right out of the gate, so might be sticking with a couple cheaper games for the time being.

yup

better save for Cyberpunk 2077 :ph34r:

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

On 28.8.2018 at 10:15 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

SWTOR?
Blade and Soul?

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

ME3 MP.  Not a lot of thinking required, just go kill things.  A pretty good one if you want to shoot the shit with a pal while some gamery thing is going on, quite good if you've both got mics and are talking anyways.  Plus there are only 4 man teams, so you can speak relatively freely in game and get to mix it up a bit the odd time with 2 other randos.

If you want a more involved MP then ME3 isn't it, but if the focus is pals spending time together then MP3 MP fills the order.

1 hour ago, MoonSpot said:

ME3 MP. .

Just pick vanguard as your class. Trust me. 

I played the shit out of the Mass effect 3 demo. Pick vanguard. 

22 hours ago, fpo said:

Just pick vanguard as your class. Trust me. 

I played the shit out of the Mass effect 3 demo. Pick vanguard. 

No.  Vanguards suck.  They mess up matchs for others when they do their biotic charge by rewinding time a second to 1/2 a second or so.  Kills that were made by others suddenly weren't made, weapons reloaded suddenly haven't been reloaded.  When that happens, more often then not it's because of a vanguard spamming their one trick pony space jesus immortality BS.  Learn the abilities of the various types and combo with them.  Hell, running around the match as one of the non-vanguard Volus is better.

The mechanic just doesn't work well enough in MP, don't know why they put it in.

As for the single player campaign, Vanguards are for people who play perma-easy mode everything and like to pretend they don't.

@MoonSpot have you made a vanguard? You just fk shit up, teleporting everywhere and throwing so many biotic powers and shotgunning people in the face. It’s amazing!!!

12 hours ago, fpo said:

@MoonSpot have you made a vanguard? You just fk shit up, teleporting everywhere and throwing so many biotic powers and shotgunning people in the face. It’s amazing!!!

I have and playing as an adept is more fun.  Recall the focus of the thread is for multi-player, and in that scope in particular vanguards are uniquely bad.

26 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

I have and playing as an adept is more fun.  Recall the focus of the thread is for multi-player, and in that scope in particular vanguards are uniquely bad.

For me it was a race with my friend to see to whom may score the most frags. 
Rounds would last like 2 minutes or something. It was like speed-running hoard mode. 

On 8/28/2018 at 12:05 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:
  • Must be somewhat cheap(if it's on sale, even better). Not looking to spend over $15-20 on one game.
  • Co-op is a plus, not required.
  • Must be good for casual play. CS:GO is excluded.

This one is a no brainer... 40% off at this link https://www.humblebundle.com/store/ultimate-chicken-horse?hmb_source=search_bar

It's rarely on sale and you have 11 days to snag it while it's at a low price.

Completely worth it. Can't go wrong for $8.99. Don't overlook what Chicken Horse is all about.

No clue why this was posted 3 times in a row. If a moderator could delete the 2 posts above this one that would be great. EDIT: Glad you got rid of them.

On 8/28/2018 at 12:16 PM, Crunchy Dragon said:

Fair point. We'd like to avoid it as much as possible though.

Overwatch isn't completely ruled out, though.

There's always Paladins. Identical to Overwatch and it's FREE. Very easy to run too. 1440p at 144 fps is very easy to achieve.

Another great casual coop game that just so happens to be free is Warframe. Also VERY well optimized. Read the title of this video, it explains it perfectly.

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet PAYDAY 2 is an excellent co-op game, a lot of variety, you can choose stealth missions or guns blazing missions. I enjoy the progression as well, used to be very cheap but they have now bundled all DLC together so it may be more expensive.

I also think Starcraft II now free to play and includes free online co-op missions so that may be worth a look :)

Magicka, always Magicka. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |