best gaming headsets

truecrafting

So I'm looking for a new gaming headsets and THINGS THAT I WANT TO SEE IN THEM IS THE F

• Wireless (not bluetooth) and wired (3.5mm headphone jack)
  • MIC where i can hide them
  • under $120
  • I prefer branded and new (not used)

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

PNY XLR-8 EPIC-X DDR4-3200 CL16 32GB

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 2xSEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 1TB,A2000 1TB

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

Enermax Revolution DF 650W

MONITOR

MSI MAG272,LG 22MP68BQ,DELL D2015H

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

Whats the F?

And with that budget i would just get a good headphones and put the mic on the magnet on there. Thats been talked about in a Linus video from a while back.
(But i forgot the name).

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

Whats the F?

And with that budget i would just get a good headphones and put the mic on the magnet on there. Thats been talked about in a Linus video from a while back.
(But i forgot the name).

following. i think it was the modmic 5  but i really want a dedicated gaming headphones and btw what do yuou think about the ARCTIS 7

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

MONITOR

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

3 minutes ago, truecrafting said:

following. i think it was the modmic 5  but i really want a dedicated gaming headphones and btw what do yuou think about the ARCTIS 7

It looks awesome but i've never heard it.

To be honest i don't listen to much (gaming) headsets.
Just thought i'd trow the combo with the modmic in there. (And yes that was what i meant. Thanks for the name).

Sorry i cant help further.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, HanZie82 said:

It looks awesome but i've never heard it.

To be honest i don't listen to much (gaming) headsets.
Just thought i'd trow the combo with the modmic in there. (And yes that was what i meant. Thanks for the name).

Sorry i cant help further.

it's ookay but thanks for giving some input

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

MONITOR

PERIPHIRALS

Basically ALL gaming headsets loose when compared with proper headphones. Sound quality is inferior, mic is worse and all for just a bit more gamer bling. Hardware Canucks made a video about it (they even did a review on that Arctis 7 - imho the audio quality was pretty poor ESPECIALLY of the mic). Get some good audio headphones and buy a good usb mic and a stand. Got myself a Blue Snowflake used for 30 bucks which destroys every gamer headset you can think of.

Bear in mind: wireless conenctions introduce lag! If you're sensitive to that you won't be happy with it.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

4 minutes ago, bowrilla said:

Basically ALL gaming headsets loose when compared with proper headphones. Sound quality is inferior, mic is worse and all for just a bit more gamer bling. Hardware Canucks made a video about it (they even did a review on that Arctis 7 - imho the audio quality was pretty poor ESPECIALLY of the mic). Get some good audio headphones and buy a good usb mic and a stand. Got myself a Blue Snowflake used for 30 bucks which destroys every gamer headset you can think of.

Bear in mind: wireless conenctions introduce lag! If you're sensitive to that you won't be happy with it.

The reason i want gaming headsets is because of desk space it's very limited but as on the earlier comments the mod mic 5 was also a option but soundquality was kinda crap

But if i was gonna buy a pair of proper headphones what pair will you reccomend

Lag is not really a problem for me as long as it's not using bluetooth as a means of wireless connectivity

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

MONITOR

PERIPHIRALS

4 hours ago, truecrafting said:

The reason i want gaming headsets is because of desk space it's very limited but as on the earlier comments the mod mic 5 was also a option but soundquality was kinda crap

But if i was gonna buy a pair of proper headphones what pair will you reccomend

Lag is not really a problem for me as long as it's not using bluetooth as a means of wireless connectivity

I got the arctis 3's, which is just wired version of the 7's im pretty sure. Anyway, theyre comfortable, mic sounds okay (not bad at all but its nothing super fantastic) and the sound is p good, and you can adjust eq settings in the software. Also most gaming headsets have 7.1 surround sound a lot of regular ones dont, so bear that in mind (really good for positional awareness in games. doesnt mean much in csgo but if its something like overwatch then its great)