mounting 2 hard drives to a 120mm fan slot. need help!

So here is the conundrum i am facing. whenever i search for a mounting bracket, that will hold 2, 3.5, 2tb drives, all i find is old fashioned hard drive cages.

i need a mount that will fit right into a 120mm fan slot. i would like to mount my hard drives to my case or radiator but i cant find anything on my own.

although i am continuing my search, i figured i would touch bases here and see if anyone knew of anything good.

cheers and thanks

3 minutes ago, triforcemack said:

So here is the conundrum i am facing. whenever i search for a mounting bracket, that will hold 2, 3.5, 2tb drives, all i find is old fashioned hard drive cages.

i need a mount that will fit right into a 120mm fan slot. i would like to mount my hard drives to my case or radiator but i cant find anything on my own.

although i am continuing my search, i figured i would touch bases here and see if anyone knew of anything good.

cheers and thanks

like this?

https://www.bestcases.eu/flex-bay-hdd-cage-120mm-x-25mm-fan-mount-with-ventilated-grill

21 minutes ago, triforcemack said:

Why don't you just buy an external USB 3.0 hard drive dock?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

19 minutes ago, WickedStarfish said:

opposite of this, i need the the hard drives to mount to something that than attatches to the space in a case that a 120mm fan would go.

or on the 120mm spots on a radiator. no fan needed in this, it just needs to fit into the spot a fan would fit.

3 minutes ago, triforcemack said:

opposite of this, i need the the hard drives to mount to something that than attatches to the space in a case that a 120mm fan would go.

or on the 120mm spots on a radiator. no fan needed in this, it just needs to fit into the spot a fan would fit.

So you want to mount a HDD onto a fan spot? That's not something that is standard gear, your going to need to make something fully custom as it wouldn't be extremely solid since a 3.5" drive is larger than a 120mm fan spot. 

Here is an example of something of what you might be looking at but for 2.5" drives. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/3nQGm

12 hours ago, W-L said:

So you want to mount a HDD onto a fan spot? That's not something that is standard gear

I wonder if something like this could work?

http://www.caselabs-store.com/double-wide-magnum-standard-hdd-cage/

Mounted in case.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 8/26/2018 at 10:39 PM, Stefan Payne said:

What case are you talking about??

im in a nzxt source 530 full tower. i have a bunch of liquid cooling shoved in there so it is very cramped for my hard drives. i wanted to attach a set of hard drive trays on the radiator or along the bottom of the case.

ps the 760 is no longer in the system dont get triggered.

38438022_1458913110921077_1488011593160589312_o.jpg

1 hour ago, triforcemack said:

ps the 760 is no longer in the system dont get triggered.

The 1000W PSU triggers me anyway, as you at worst use 40% of that.

Anyway:
Easiest solution would be 3,5" to 5,25" Adaptors.

The best solution would be to get a decent Case.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

43 minutes ago, Stefan Payne said:

The 1000W PSU triggers me anyway, as you at worst use 40% of that.

Anyway:
Easiest solution would be 3,5" to 5,25" Adaptors.

The best solution would be to get a decent Case.

the 1000 watt power supply is a remnant of the days when i was rocking dual r9 390s. those things where power hungry when crossfire actually managed to work. still no where near the performance of a 1080 ti anyway.