Powering Tape Drives

Yuudachiology

Hey guys, I recorded some really big videos for the last 3 years and need to store them in a secure way, so I bought an used LTO-5 tape drive and some tapes.

Instead using SAS (which is more expensive for this model), this one connects to the computer with fiber channel, and has a very strange stuff to power the internal fan and the drive:

D82B1F0A6EB21D7E8DE8F7A67B269FBC.thumb.jpg.adb18a6a7ec9f9c4fb2e2679608bb01f.jpg

I can't find any information about this adapter card online, so I'm wondering if it's mandatory. Removing the back plate, this is what I saw:

03F4AA5FD26CC46062FF86E16821B537.jpg.e32c7f996ab1e84af03b1ec52cd449e4.jpg

The power card has three outputs: one 4-pin peripheral power cable, one for the fan, and one connected to the lower-left corner as shown in the picture above.

The thing I'm wondering is simply if the last output is necessary, and if it is, is there any substitute solutions... Or if anyone could tell me what strange connector the power card is using.

Thx!

Thats a hp psu conector.

Hunt for the psu on ebay, otherwise looking simmilar to a molex connector on the drive, just check the wiring to make sure.

7 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Thats a hp psu conector.

Hunt for the psu on ebay, otherwise looking simmilar to a molex connector on the drive, just check the wiring to make sure.

Thanks for your answer, but I cannot find one that has a connector that looks the same as this one. Any keyword suggestions?

And - apologies for my poor English skill - what molex connector are you referring to? Do you mean the bottom-right one?