AMD Most STUPID move ever!!

lhikary

amd you just shot yourself in the head by raising up prices

seriously $700 for a 290x?
$550 for 290?

FU AMD AND FU BITCOIN!!

DISCUSS DIS SHITT

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.
I've learned that something constructive comes from every defeat.

China Bitcoin? Bitcoin is not Chinese.

Also, it is not AMD who is setting these prices, it is the manufacturers and retailers. Calm down. Additionally, it is basic economics. When demand outstrip suppy, prices go up and people will pay a higher price for the product.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

amd you just shot yourself in the head by raising up prices

seriously $700 for a 290x?

$550 for 290?

FU AMD AND FU CHINA BITCOIN!!

thats how supply and demand works man

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

China Bitcoin? Bitcoin is not Chinese.

Also, it is not AMD who is setting these prices, it is the manufacturers and retailers. Calm down. Additionally, it is basic economics. When demand outstrip suppy, prices go up and people will pay a higher price for the product.

thats how supply and demand works man

everyone will go to nvidia obviously

Real programmers don't document, if it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.

i dont think you see the whole picture, i dont know any one who dose with mantle and g-sync

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

they did it for a reason, im sure AMD have a better knowledge of whats is going on at the moment with things like mantle and g-sync arriving. i just hope they have a GREAT reason for raising their prices, they are known as the price?pref ratio kings, and currently a 780 costs less. also, do you have a source?

MANTLE is delayed and most likely its useless for ppl with an intel setup

doubt it, i think youre AMD anti-fanboy 

CPU: i5 3570K @4.5GHz    GPU: R9 290   MOBO: ASUS p8z77-v  RAM: 8Gb corsair vengence   CASE: ARC MIDI  PSU: XFX pro 550W  HDD: 2tb segate baracuda

The prices are high because they are selling every single card.  Not exactly shooting themselves in the foot, they're raking profits from this actually.  Just from miners, not from us.  Although it is the vendors raising prices and not AMD, AMD is still selling a massive amount of GPUs.

everyone will go to nvidia obviously

That is from your perspective. Try to think as you are a retailer. People are flooding to buy AMD cards for mine for Litecoin, and will still do so if you raise the prices. Thus, you raise prices to make money. Simple economics.

Again, AMD is not profiting form any of this, it is the manufacturers and retailers. (Think Asus and Newegg.)

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

i dont think you see the whole picture, i dont know any one who dose with mantle and g-sync

Again, AMD does not make any extra money off this. It is the retailers and manufacturers 

Personal Rig

doubt it, i think youre AMD anti-fanboy 

jokes on you im an amd fan

The prices are high because they are selling every single card.  Not exactly shooting themselves in the foot, they're raking profits from this actually.  Just from miners, not from us.

no..just no

Doubt your claims really, Mantle also boost pure GPU performance when DirectX is the bottleneck. 

Personal Rig

no..just no

What do you mean no? They are selling a ton of cards.

Personal Rig

Doubt your claims really, Mantle also boost pure GPU performance when DirectX is the bottleneck. 

mantle is OVER-HYPED really

What do you mean no? They are selling a ton of cards.

not anymore no thanks to their new prices 

dont sound like one, also i wasn't joking, i was just stating my thoughts, so....

also you cant say mantle is overhyped, you haven't used it yet

mantle is OVER-HYPED really

You do know miners are still snapping up cards, even at the increased prices?

Personal Rig

They are still selling every single card.  They aren't a good value for gamers but miners are still buying them.  A customer is still a customer, just because they don't use them for games doesn't mean they don't count as sales.

Prices aren't set arbitrarily, if they weren't selling any the prices would go back down.

When you have more people who want a product than you have stock, some people are willing to pay more for it while others aren't (in this case, miners), so you sell to the people who are willing to pay more first by raising the price.  When those people are gone, the prices will go back down.  Since the prices are still up, people are still buying them at that price.  They are selling just as many cards as before, they are just getting more profit from each one.

I think this thread is so pointless and is going no where lolz

The guy is butt hurt about the prices and had to make a rant, 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

i like a healthy argument, but this went nowhere

i like a healthy argument, but this went nowhere

v

I think this thread is so pointless and is going no where lolz

The guy is butt hurt about the prices and had to make a rant, 

^^

EVERYONE on the forum and nrearly other forums said to wait for non reference 290'x

and here you go non reference and reference for $150 more

i feel like crap cuz i cant buy the 290 i wanted -_______________-

Weird. Prices stayed the same in my country.

WHAT COUNTRY