FTL is getting a free expansion, except for iPad

TopWargamer

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/2/5265190/ftl-advanced-edition-features-a-new-alien-race-of-metallic-scavengers

FTL: Advanced Edition, the upcoming expansion for Subset Games' indie spacefaring roguelike, will feature a new alien race of metallic scavengers called The Lanius.

The Lanius can survive in deep space without life support and can drain oxygen from any compartments they occupy due to their "unique compositions" reacting with artificial environments. The new race can remain dormant for years while travelling through space, awakening when they detect "significant metal deposits."

FTL: Advanced Edition is expected to launch in early 2014 alongside an iPad port of the title featuring the new content. While the expansion will be free to those who have purchased the game on Windows PC, Linux or Mac, the iPad version will be available as a separate purchase.

Awesome, especially since it's a free update if you own the game on a PC that runs Windows, Linux, or OSX, but then there's the iPad version of the expansion, which will be available as a separate purchase, which I PERSONALLY find to be BS. Don't know why they're do that, but WHATEVER. Anyways, get your FTL crew ready to fight against your new opponents - the Lanius.

COMIC SANS

An expansion pack for FTL? Hell yes. Now I'll have an excuse to play that game some more. I put 20 hours into it - not a lot, but for an indie game, quite a bit.

Also, the reason it's not coming to iPad for free is probably because of Apple's closed-garden ecosystem.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

FTL is on iPad?!

Yes. It has been for a little while now.

COMIC SANS

I guess it is either that Apple does not allow free add-ons on the App Store, or that the developers are hacking naiver Apple users.

Personal Rig

i7 4790K | Asus Z97I-WiFi | CM 280L | Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X | Kingston ValueRAM 2 x 8GB | 128GB Samsung 840 Pro | 2TB Seagate SSHD | Seasonic Platinium 660W | Bitfenix Prodigy

99% sure it's apple's fault. If they wanted to juice money out of customers they would have made it payed on all systems.

I would venture to say that its not free on the iPad because Apple doesn't allow anything to be free

Console gamers, behind PC gamers by ten years since 2000