How to make the forum [font] pretty...

miyabwah

Yeah, this is a pretty simple tutorial.

If these pictures appeal you, follow these approximate instructions.

926d56a1228f305f3164fec9cbc50b7c.png

7o6b.png

Step 1.

Go here and click options.

xur2.png

Step 2.

Go to this tab and change the "Default font:" to a font of your choice. Then click "Advanced..." under "Fonts & Colors"

f5de08930d194b8b8ac538ae4bf7f0dc.png

Step 3.

Change your settings to match this, or use a font of your choice. *Make sure you untick "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above."

519244e26c5351416baf1783c2ddee16.png

Step 4.

Have pretty forum.

f2a60041110617e48048e5074e043291.png

1. Go to this topic http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/
2. See instructions and install stylish on step 1
3. Click on the 'S' in the top-right corner of chrome and then manage installed styles
3. Copy the code below in the code box

@font-face{
font-family: "comicsans";
src: url('http://alphaapplication.com/game/font/comicsans.ttf');
}

html, body, h1, h2, h3, h4, input, p{
    font-family: comicsans !important;
}

4. On applies to choose 'URLs on the domain' and type in 'linustechtips.com'
5. Name it and save
6. It should look like this
QV9KuSB.jpg
7. Refresh page

**You can change the url in the code to any font you like.

Just change these values.

font-family: "comicsans"; ← Change to a font of your choice; if wanted.

font-family: comicsans UI !important;

↑ Change to a font of your choice; if wanted.

↑ You will need to supply a .ttf url for the font you're gonna use. I could not find a Segoe UI .ttf, but see if you can.

Error 876: Can't find words.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

@TheSLSAMG. Any reason why you chose his profile @Lanoi?

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

because TheSLSAMG is pretty

hah__gayyy__gif_2_0_by_lucky43539-d4vkbp

Nah man I'm kidding. Sorry if anyone is gay and this offends you. 

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

No chrome tutorial?

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

hah__gayyy__gif_2_0_by_lucky43539-d4vkbp

Nah man I'm kidding. Sorry if anyone is gay and this offends you. 

im gay and that does NOT offend me :DD

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

No chrome tutorial?

Tried Chrome, it tried to be broken and succeeded.

Tried Chrome, it tried to be broken and succeeded.

What a strange sentence.

But it appears to be in the settings menu, ctrl+f for "web content" and press customize fonts. Can't try it atm because I am on a crappy Ubuntu laptop far away from my glorious PC, and ubuntu doesn't have Segoe UI symbol.

System:
4670k@4,7Ghz <fully stable ( and 5Ghz, incredible unstable)| Asus Maximus VI Hero | G.Skill TridentX 16GB 2400Mhz C10 | AMD XFX R9 290 OC'ed (locked, Elpida) Cooled by a Kraken G10&X40 w/ NF-A14 | NZXT Phantom 530 | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung EVO 250GB | Cooler Master V850 | QNIX QX2710 @110Hz | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 | Ducky Shine 3 ^^ | Madcatz R.A.T. 5 | Brainwavz Delta's |

What a strange sentence.

But it appears to be in the settings menu, ctrl+f for "web content" and press customize fonts. Can't try it atm because I am on a crappy Ubuntu laptop far away from my glorious PC, and ubuntu doesn't have Segoe UI symbol.

AFAIK it doesn't overwrite the forum font. I think it changes the settings menu font..

Nice, I should do this when I get back home. Also, xD

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Thanks for this, but more importantly. Where is that Dark Theme you're using? Me gusta...

Gaming and Editing: Intel Core i7-4930k 4.6Ghz 6-Core Processor - EK Supremacy CSQ CPU WaterblockASUS P9X79 ATX Motherboard - Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (8x4GB) 1866 Memory - EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black 1200Mhz 6GB W/ EK FC780 Ti Nickel Waterblock Graphics Card  - Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive x3 - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD x2 - Fractal Design Define R4 Window Modded - BitFenix Spectre Pro Blue LED 140mm Fan x1 - BitFenix Spectre PWM LED 120mm Fan x4 - Corsair HX850 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyMicrosoft Windows 8 64-bit Operating System

You're only 12 but really intelligent. Nice discovery bruh.

Interested in Business and Technology

Will this screw up some other webpages?

Probably. Look below in the spoiler, it won't screw up other pages! :)

No chrome tutorial?

Look below in the spoiler, you can use it on chrome :)

Thanks for this, but more importantly. Where is that Dark Theme you're using? Me gusta...

It's the night theme, you can find it on the bottom of the page or click the link in the spoiler for a theme I made for the forum :)

1. Go to this topic http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/26562-a-dark-theme-for-linustechtips/

3. Click on the 'S' in the top-right corner of chrome and then manage installed styles

@font-face{    font-family: "comicsans";    src: url('http://alphaapplication.com/game/font/comicsans.ttf');}html, body, h1, h2, h3, h4, input, p{  	font-family: comicsans !important;}

5. Name it and save

QV9KuSB.jpg

7. Refresh page

**You can change the url in the code to any font you like. I just choose Comic Sans for lulz :D

Case: Fractal Design Define XL Modded for custom watercooling both for CPU and GPU MB: Asus ROG Hero VI MaximusRAM: 16GB @ 2GHz GPU: AMD 7970 3GB Refrence SSD: 2st OCZ Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 + 2TB HDD CPU: Intel 4770K Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 Mouse: QPAD 5K My Android Apps!

Will this screw up some other webpages?

If by "screw up" you mean change the font, yes it will.

@font-face{

font-family: "comicsans";

}

html, body, h1, h2, h3, h4, input, p{

font-family: comicsans !important;

}

5. Name it and save

QV9KuSB.jpg

7. Refresh page

**You can change the url in the code to any font you like. I just choose Comic Sans for lulz :D

Added to OP.

Such sexy, much explain. very beautiful. wow. 

Dogecoin

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]