installed 4 SSD's not showing up in explorer

meh123
Go to solution Solved by Electronics Wizardy,
3 hours ago, meh123 said:

image.png.7de0728bcdb5ea3cb60cff2b10fe62a6.pngimage.png.e4cea66fc86684897a086c175fb90388.pngimage.png.8bec1b819c5ced58844f492f5d8a7b0e.pngimage.png.c1604e45ec09759b4f1a86287f60c184.png

right clock on the black bar and click new simple volume. or use storage spaces for raid.

installed 4 storage devices today but they aren't visible in explorer... so i hit up device manager and they are detected after this i checked bios... also detected... now why can't i access these?

harddrives not detected.PNG

Do a windows search for "partition" and an option to "create and format hard disk partitions" should come up. Open that and see if you can see the drives. You may need to format the drives initially before windows can see them.

Main Rig: cpu: Intel 6600k OC @ 4.5Ghz; gpu: Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 2080 (OC'd); mb: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3; ram: 16 GB (2x8GB) 3000 G.Skill Ripjaws V; psu: EVGA 650BQ; storage: 500GB Samsung 850 evo, 2TB WD Black; case: Cooler Master HAF 912; cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Lots of fans, Air!; display: 4k Samsung 42" TV, Asus MX259H 1080p audio: Schiit Audio Magni Amp w/ Audio Technica M50x

Type in diskmgmt.msc in your start menu. Format the drives and give them a drive letter.

50 minutes ago, Konrad_K said:

Type in diskmgmt.msc in your start menu. Format the drives and give them a drive letter.

so i checked diskmanagement(in admin) and these are my options...image.png.7998c1e063b1ec93de93b522f71822d8.png

20 minutes ago, meh123 said:

so i checked diskmanagement(in admin) and these are my options...image.png.7998c1e063b1ec93de93b522f71822d8.png

Could you scroll down?

Hello meh123

I just replied something that I think also applies to you, please check this out: 

2 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Hello star_weaver,

There is a secondary menu in some motherboards that you also need to check, I don't mean the boot sequence (eventhough it is important), I mean another menu that exists in some boards where you can see that the drive is connected but it can also be set to enabled or disabled, on or off. I am going to paste some images for you to have an idea what I mean, again is not the boot sequence, there should be another option to enable/disable hard drive in your MOBO and of course if it is disabled it won't show up in your system: 

Image result for enable / disable hdd from mobo 

Image result for enable / disable hdd from mobo

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

22 minutes ago, seagate_surfer said:

Hello meh123

I just replied something that I think also applies to you, please check this out: 

I checker bios and only 3 showed up maybe I should check the connections

20180824_215646.jpg