Dead insects behind display of monitor - Acer Predator xb252q *SOLVED*

Dunzaus

Right, so I got 3 of those tiny black insects that always manage to crawl into the frame of a picture and die, only these are under the display of my monitor. So I basically have to open it to remove them.

My monitor is a Acer Predator xb252q 240hz

Anyone that know how to safely open that monitor or know where there is a guide for it? I've been trying to find a solution myself, but haven't been able to find any solution.

Please help

is it still under warranty? my old rog swift had the exact same problem but asus replaced the monitor for me with no problems, ,might be worth a try, i'm not too sure what acer's customer service is like?

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Formuula VIII
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
    256GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD and 2TB Samsung SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
    Asus Rog Swift pg279q, 165Hz IPS
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
    Mionix Castor (waiting on stock for the G Pro Wireless)
  • Sound
    Asus Xonar Essence stx, Audioengine A5+, Sennheiser HD650

When the monitor is still under warranty, don't open it up, When you break something, you're SOL.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

21 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

is it still under warranty? my old rog swift had the exact same problem but asus replaced the monitor for me with no problems, ,might be worth a try, i'm not too sure what acer's customer service is like?

Hmm, I'll try and contact them. Thanks for your suggestion

2 minutes ago, Dunzaus said:

Hmm, I'll try and contact them. Thanks for your suggestion

when i contacted Asus i just explained that even though its something so minor (mine was just one little insect in the top corner of the screen), when you pay so much for these kind of monitors you shouldn't expect something like this. And by what most people say, asus is not supposed to have the best customer service but they still sorted my problem with no questions. hope they sort it for you :) because i feel your pain, something so small yet you cant take your eyes off of it once you have seen it :S

• CPU
    Intel i7 6700k
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus Formuula VIII
  • RAM
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4
  • GPU
    Asus Strix GTX 1080 ti
  • Case
    Be Quiet Silent Base
  • Storage
    256GB Samsung Pro M.2 SSD and 2TB Samsung SSD
  • PSU
    Corsair AX860
  • Display(s)
    Asus Rog Swift pg279q, 165Hz IPS
  • Cooling
    Be Quiet Dark Rock 3
  • Keyboard
    Razer Huntsman Elite
  • Mouse
    Mionix Castor (waiting on stock for the G Pro Wireless)
  • Sound
    Asus Xonar Essence stx, Audioengine A5+, Sennheiser HD650

2 minutes ago, smith315pm said:

when i contacted Asus i just explained that even though its something so minor (mine was just one little insect in the top corner of the screen), when you pay so much for these kind of monitors you shouldn't expect something like this. And by what most people say, asus is not supposed to have the best customer service but they still sorted my problem with no questions. hope they sort it for you :) because i feel your pain, something so small yet you cant take your eyes off of it once you have seen it :S

Just called them and they will take it in and ''repair'' it. So thanks for your help, I wouldn't have thought that my warranty covered this, but it did!

True, once you see something you can't stop noticing it. Like going back to 60hz from 144/240hz. 

Have a good weekend!